Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil temperature

mzmini

Morning gents I have a question about oil or should I say oil temperature ,now we almost all agree that don't give it an stick until the oils nice and warm 90c that's fine on the 997 as we have a temperature gauge to inform us when we can go and have a proper play . The problem is that the Boxster S is not fitted with one :dont know: I am of the real world and do understand that the water will heat twice as fast as the oil and therefore wait till long after the water is at 80c before any welly ,my question is how many other Boxster and any other owners of a Porsche that's not fitted with an oil temperature gauge would consider this ? as the car is up to temperature according to the water temperature gauge ,and would guess that looking in the factory hand book would say that once the water temperature was normal the car can be driven at any speed :dont know:
MZ

Thanks Terry will have check it out and see :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back