Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The new daily to complement the 997 Turbo !!

Boba fett

Took some photos today of the new daily I bought.

Its a 750 bhp / 1000 Torque RS6 V10. Its a very impressive car, and every time I drive it, it grows on me. I am going to stage 3 with it for 950 bhp hopefully or the summer.

Hope you like it. :thumb:

I do quite like those as an understated car. I was all set to buy an RS6 some years ago until I drove one and found it incredibly dull, which was a real shame. That was the earlier V8 though not this monster. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the tuning.

MC

I hope it does not make the Turbo feel like a pussycat in comparison!

I once had one of these screen past me on an A road whilst I was driving my TVR Tuscan. He was not for tailing and I just waved bye bye and accepted my place.

Very nice!! Are you still planning on selling the Turbo for a 458?

apollokre1d said:

Not until Summer, and 458's seem to going up at a greater rate than my Turbo !!

Scholester said:
I hope it does not make the Turbo feel like a pussycat in comparison!

I once had one of these screen past me on an A road whilst I was driving my TVR Tuscan. He was not for tailing and I just waved bye bye and accepted my place.

It is pretty brutal, and is so planted, the Porka is 650bhp but manual - can't wait till spring, Go Pro, get them together and find out who is boss :thumb:

MisterCorn said:
I do quite like those as an understated car. I was all set to buy an RS6 some years ago until I drove one and found it incredibly dull, which was a real shame. That was the earlier V8 though not this monster. I'll be interested to hear how you get on with the tuning.

MC

If you think the SL55 AMG F1 is fast, get one of these they are a nicer drive to !!

Boba fett said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

If you think the SL55 AMG F1 is fast, get one of these they are a nicer drive to !!

I am sure it would eat the SL55 alive in a straight line, but then that isn't what I bought the SL55. Certainly if I was looking for a family estate which went like an absolute rocket whilst managing to look pretty unremarkable one of these would be top of my list. Whilst I have the RR which will return 35MPG on a run, can carry five people and does the runs down to the local recycling centre I have no gap in the fleet for it. Must be an absolute hoot though :) I can't wait to hear about your upgrades as you do them.

MC

Like that a lot! I've certainly considered one as a replacement for my race van. Interested to hear how the tuning goes too also running costs etc.

MisterCorn said:
Boba fett said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

I am sure it would eat the SL55 alive in a straight line, but then that isn't what I bought the SL55. Certainly if I was looking for a family estate which went like an absolute rocket whilst managing to look pretty unremarkable one of these would be top of my list. Whilst I have the RR which will return 35MPG on a run, can carry five people and does the runs down to the local recycling centre I have no gap in the fleet for it. Must be an absolute hoot though :) I can't wait to hear about your upgrades as you do them.

MC

...And in the corners, and feel, and interior quality / seats, but you know that already, having got a 55 F1. No roof down and no AMG SC V8 whine though Ill give you that. But the V10 is just as good with the window and Milleck !!

Its a car that takes you by surprise, I like that, and when its cold there is no kangaroo'ing up the road "M3 style" its just as sedate as a normal estate run of the mill car.

Its a great package.

Must admit that I was put off A6's once I drove a 3.0 D for a few weeks, wasn't a patch on the 535D I had later... but that does look rather nice!

s2000db said:
Must admit that I was put off A6's once I drove a 3.0 D for a few weeks, wasn't a patch on the 535D I had later... but that does look rather nice!

Neither are anything like this monster estate :thumb:

Boba fett said:
apollokre1d said:

Not until Summer, and 458's seem to going up at a greater rate than my Turbo !!

Fair enough, turns out you aren't missing much :)

Always liked the Audi RS's after an old boy in Inverness bought one of the first ones when they came out about 20 odd years ago.When they initially road tested it they put it up against a 911 and there wasn't much between them.
That one is mad and your going to make it madder still, nearly a 1000 bhp, there'll be nothing under 250 grand that'll get anywhere near it and whats better you can have 3 other people along for the ride to prove it.
Ultimate 'Q' car. Nice one Boba. :thumbs:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back