Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 who's getting one ?

jotaking

Anyone in the know regarding release date?

Also....

Has anyone managed to bag a slot for one of these?

And...

If any of you are thinking of buying.....

PDK or Manual?

Cheers

I'm after one. Definitely not bagged a slot. I wish.

My SE man at OPC said he'd fight my corner when he gets allocations. Not holding my breath. I'd be delighted if he manages it!

If I'm successful it'll be PDK all the way.

The new model will be announced and unveiled on the press day of the Geneva motor show...7/8th March.

I'm hoping there'll be 2 new models announced:

- A GT3 (PDK only)
- A manual equivalent but branded something else and minus the rear wing, a 'cheapo' R for the masses... c'mon Porsche... you can do it .... brownie points to Porsche if they call it the ST

:D

Viper-Green-Porsche-911-ST-Ferdinand-Jersey.jpg

How many cars will they produce?
Im not a Porsche owner and never owned one or even a supercar and I would love the next gen GT3 but i think i have very little chance to none!!
Im holding out and if all else fails i'll wait and see if the GEN 1 prices are affected in anyway before getting one.
A few on the market but don't seem to be moving at the prices people are asking for them?

This month's EVO suggests this will be an 'unlimited' car - if this is really the case 'anyone' can have one, which has got to be the best possible news.

One would hope this would put off those people just buying one to flog it on and leave the build slots to folk that simply want one to drive. :thumbs:

tim993 said:
This month's EVO suggests this will be an 'unlimited' car - if this is really the case 'anyone' can have one, which has got to be the best possible news.

One would hope this would put off those people just buying one to flog it on and leave the build slots to folk that simply want one to drive. :thumbs:

I hope you're right! It'll be like an RS for the masses. Well, not masses, but you get my drift... :)

tim993 said:

Don't see that happening

Bigfra said:
tim993 said:

Don't see that happening

+1 :nooo:

tim993 said:

I hope the unlimited news is correct, I won't buy another new Porsche of any type until I can buy any model that I want. The stupid amount of R's they offered really p***ed me off when they knew how many people wanted them.

"Anyone " can buy a Macan. There's still a bit of a wait and there was a premium for a while i think. So maybe thats the type of unlimited supply Porsche are talking about.

tim993 said:
...... One would hope this would put off those people just buying one to flog it on and leave the build slots to folk that simply want one to drive. :thumbs:

Sadly I'm pretty sure that a lot of 'those people' will still blag the early build slots and sell them on at a profit to people that want to drive them as soon as they become available.

Anyone else will probably have to wait an extra 18 months.

T8 said:
tim993 said:
...... One would hope this would put off those people just buying one to flog it on and leave the build slots to folk that simply want one to drive. :thumbs:

Sadly I'm pretty sure that a lot of 'those people' will still blag the early build slots and sell them on at a profit to people that want to drive them as soon as they become available.

Anyone else will probably have to wait an extra 18 months.

And risk their future chances of buying the next one ? Lets see this time around..

Just spent a couple of days in the new panamera 4s diesel. Very impressed by it. Order one today and you will be lucky to see it this year :grin:

Porsche have always played the 'supply and demand' game on all the previous GT cars.
I just don't see that changing anytime soon, and Andreas Preuninger has always
stuck like glue to the policy of very carefully limiting supply to enhance exclusivity...

Let's see.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back