Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Who on here has a 993 Targa

Albionmuz

And does it leak? :wink:

Mine did but after a week exposed to the weather in SE England I think I can safely say it no longer does having been fixed by Northway.

Manual or Tiptronic?

Worth approx 5k less than an equivalent NB Carrera with same mileage and in similar condition?

Absolutely love mine and am hitting the resale value by driving it every weekend since I bought it. Over 1000 miles racked up in 3 months and much more once the weather improves.

No intention of selling anytime soon though

I have one. Manual transmission, goldenrod, short shift, MPL slave cylinder, engine rebuild, roof rebuild, ToreB HID headlights, new headlight lenses, technical fix for air through door handle, turbo front bumper, Porsche Classic suspension (Bilstein), new rear reflector (in garage waiting to be fitted when I get the LED lamps), Becker radio with iPod connector and Bluetooth.
It used to leak when I bought it, but it doesn't now.
Love it. Went to the factory in it last year. Going on the 993 Wales jolly in April, Longers trip to France in June and hopefully another trip to France.
:thumbs: :thumbs:

I do indeed currently going through a restoration process including the roof.

Mine's a late 97 Manual

Trev

I used to own one - P956 KWL. It used to leak, but then again it spent its tenure with me in the garage!

How I miss it now!

I do and love it! Still under 40k miles on the clock and had an epic trip to the Costa del Sol last year. Spanish roads - no wonder the country's on its knees but you can see where the money went! If you've not driven in Spain do it - now! Perfect for the Targa. 80 mph roof back and conversations still comfortable (unlike my previous 3.2 Targa), and what's left of my hair still in place! Next trip can't come soon enough) 8)

Lawman said:
I do and love it! Still under 40k miles on the clock and had an epic trip to the Costa del Sol last year. Spanish roads - no wonder the country's on its knees but you can see where the money went! If you've not driven in Spain do it - now! Perfect for the Targa. 80 mph roof back and conversations still comfortable (unlike my previous 3.2 Targa), and what's left of my hair still in place! Next trip can't come soon enough) 8)

Fantastic nice to hear someone enjoying and using the Targa as it should be :D

Owned my polar silver manual for 9 years ( my second one).
It doesn't leak, and happily transported me to Southern France through all weathers last summer.
Passed it's MOT with no advisories today as well

This is my fourth... 1st was new from AFN in 1996. Had this manual for coming up to three years and will keep it for the long term. I love the Targa and use it regularly in London. Roof doesn't leak, car is maintained by Precision. Great cars!

I have a '97 targa and I love it. Daily driver and used for work and play :)

Most versatile car I've ever had - can fit filming equipment in it for work, has a kids seat in the back for our 3yr old for the daily nursery run and then push a button to send the glass roof back and experience that open air, exhaust mod'd, flat six :)

It's so much more car than a coupe. In my opinion unless you are tracking your car and are good enough to appreciate the extra rigidity of the coupe then the targa is a no brainer! (And I don't buy in to that 'targas are worth less than a coupe' - finding a decent, high quality car is the key and worth its money)

Didn't leak but it did creak. Drove me crazy, despite being fixed countless times. Fab cars. Absolute Design classic and nothing comes close to being able to see the stars or snow through the roof on a Winter's evening, while remaining toasty inside.

But it did creak.

Mine seems to creak on really cold mornings but other than that it's quite bearable although Sussex roads can make most cars creak! Using the blind seems to eliminate creaks completely. Could be because I'm old and deaf :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back