Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 7
997 : 2004- 70
996 : 1997-2005 48
993 : 1993-1998 9
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 12
Cayman : 2005- 12
Cayenne : 2003- 11
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Palladium
Watkins Glen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

People on here want to make their minds up, one day everyone is banging on about how great a warranty is, and how unthinkable it would be, not to have one, next its they are a bunch of shysters and they are barely worth the paper they are written on.

What is it?

I am exempt as I only buy private, I live and die by my judgement, I got caught out on a van last year, but weighing it all up, I am still miles up on dealer costs.

resigner
Österreich

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, stick with it, ignore the doommongering panicking trolls who want to run away but don't offer advice on how that is better when you can't buy a different car with the spec and mileage for the same money.

Worst case scenario, you walk away and get a full refund.
Best case, you get a completely rebuilt engine and new IMS by Hartech in a cheap low mileage car which you like.

Particularly love the complete muppet with the "It will always be the car that blew up" comment. Really. So you would rather have a car which hasnt blown up and has the old IMS over one which has had a new IMS and been rebuilt by Hartech. Truly sir, you are an idiot, or a troll, or a Golf R owner. Not sure which is better........

Pops
Trainee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resigner wrote:
Richard, stick with it, ignore the doommongering panicking trolls who want to run away but don't offer advice on how that is better when you can't buy a different car with the spec and mileage for the same money.

Best case, you get a completely rebuilt engine and new IMS by Hartech in a cheap low mileage car which you like.

Well said sir! Thumb

Last edited by Pops on Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:46 am; edited 1 time in total

easternjets
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resigner wrote:

Particularly love the complete muppet with the "It will always be the car that blew up" comment. Really. So you would rather have a car which hasnt blown up and has the old IMS over one which has had a new IMS and been rebuilt by Hartech. Truly sir, you are an idiot, or a troll, or a Golf R owner. Not sure which is better........

Really I'm a muppet am I because I recommend that a refund is the safe option. Do not come on here casting comments when you haven't got a clue what your talking about. I've had 5 Porsches in my years of owning them and never owned a Golf R. I currently own a 997 Turbo.
If you think for one minute that a full refund is 'the worst' case scenario then you are the muppet!
The worst case scenario is the guy doesn't get his money back, doesn't get a rebuild by Hartech and ends up in a court situation with the legal bills to prove it.
To recommend that someone sit at home with £25 k less in their bank while they 'hope' that what they want is what they get is refreshingly optimistic but as most on here will tell you is probably not what is going to happen.
Cars of this ilk can become stigmatised and as we all know bad news travels faster than good news and that's IF it doesn't need a new engine and hence engine number which again devalues it.
The simplest, easiest and above all else safest option is a refund.
There are too many 'what if's' in this scenario and in my experience it's always easier to negotiate from a position of strength at the moment this guy isn't in that position and the dealer is.
I was wondering how long it would be before someone would come on to this thread and start being abusive, so welcome and now Foxtrot Oscar!
Porsche 928 S4
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera 1985

Palladium
Watkins Glen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

resigner wrote:

unnecessarily rude, the bloke easternjets offers good advice, even if his advice was crap, which it wasn't, it wouldn't have warranted that reply, but then you also gave me a coating a few posts back.

easternjets
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Palladium Cop
Porsche 928 S4

TonyC911
Monza

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Palladium wrote:
resigner wrote:

unnecessarily rude, the bloke easternjets offers good advice, even if his advice was crap, which it wasn't, it wouldn't have warranted that reply, but then you also gave me a coating a few posts back.

Yeah
1998 Boxster 2.5

silvermilnec
Österreich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I come on here because you get a honest opinion with no drama and definitely no insults, so pack it in!!
The op seems to me to be doing what he feels is right, we have offered advice that it it's upto him it's his money, in the words of terry and Barry "calm down calm down" Floor
2006 997 4S
2009 997 1.5 Turbo basalt black on black

the other me
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed, it will be a sad day if we allow our discourses to lower themselves to the level oft found on pissed-on heads Hand

Delanor
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On an issue such as this is the time to listen to owners that have "been there and done it " so to speak.

Believe it or not it is not unknown for a car dealer to buy in a car at a knock down price with an expensive fault and then to move it on to an unsuspecting buyer and then rely on the warranty to put it right - hopefully to the satisfaction of the buyer - it does happen its easy money.

A friend recently bought a Freelander from a "reputable 4X4 dealer" 2 weeks later I had a look at it and a drive and the clutch was on its last legs but my friend was not aware of it, he returned it to the dealer who denied all knowledge of a knackered clutch which is rubbish but his warranty put a new clutch in it but only the driven plate and diaphragm which was wrong a new release bearing should have been included - 12 months later the hydraulics on the release bearing failed which is in the gearbox bell housing it knackered the new clutch so friend had to pick up the bill.

Make sure the service history of the car is spot on as any discrepancy and the warranty company will walk.

There is a lot of talk about used car warranties and it is not at all about "Doom Mongering" but based on experience and fact.

And yes the final decision is with the owner on how to proceed but sit down and think and make a decision based on any sensible advice available.

Del.

Current - 205 bhp TDCI Ford Kuga 4X4.
Current - Crystal White 40th Anniversary RX-8.
Current - Porsche Carrera Cabriolet in Viola.

easternjets
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I've been bitten a lot of times and all this talk of 'reputations' 'highly regarded' and the like leave me cold.
As many people on here will remember I nearly got my a@@e bitten last year by a certain Yorkshire Porsche dealer and that only got settled because I posted about them on here.
From the sound of Richards posts I feel that this 'dealer' may not be an acknowledged Porsche dealer (I may be wrong) and if that is the case that is the first warning bell to me.
Every single person on here has the OP's best interests at heart, nobody is wanting to see him out out of pocket by a single penny but as we all know opinions are like a@@eholes, we've all got one!
As Delanor says it is entirely up to the OP what he does with our recommendations it's just bloody awful that his first foray into Porsche ownership has ended up like this.
Hope it all works out for you Richard.
Porsche 928 S4

resigner
Österreich

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard, keep with it and stay the course, keep ignoring them.

If they can't be bothered to realise that we've already discussed the option of just handing it back and the why it's a bad idea so be it. Seems some people can hand it out, but can't take it when someone, validly, with sound reasoning, disagrees with their kneejerk reaction.

Some people might be happy to turn a blind eye, but the advice being given is flawed and doesn't consider very important items, like, find a replacement car with the same price and mileage and spec, which for all you know will blow itself up in a years time when the warranty has run out..........

Enjoy, Richard, let us know the outcome, that's all I want to know!

Rossi911
Suzuka

2011 Porsche 991 Carrera

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

easternjets wrote:
Unfortunately I've been bitten a lot of times and all this talk of 'reputations' 'highly regarded' and the like leave me cold.
As many people on here will remember I nearly got my a@@e bitten last year by a certain Yorkshire Porsche dealer and that only got settled because I posted about them on here.
From the sound of Richards posts I feel that this 'dealer' may not be an acknowledged Porsche dealer (I may be wrong) and if that is the case that is the first warning bell to me.
Every single person on here has the OP's best interests at heart, nobody is wanting to see him out out of pocket by a single penny but as we all know opinions are like a@@eholes, we've all got one!
As Delanor says it is entirely up to the OP what he does with our recommendations it's just bloody awful that his first foray into Porsche ownership has ended up like this.
Hope it all works out for you Richard.

must have missed that, that's gotta to be worth a read Very Happy

I assume, the forum helped you out and you got a result, youve given sound advice but he has a choice, so lets support him on that journey in the same way you would have been supported

I'm sure the dealer in question is reading this and is on notice to do the right thing

easternjets
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a strange world, yesterday I went to see a Porsche 997 at Redline in Knaresborough.
I also had a few watches to sell and I found a nice chap called guy who wanted to buy them so I took a run down the A1 to his office.
As I was cruising along I noticed a van pull into the lane in front and it was my old friend from Yorkshire Classic Pork, so I pulled along side and gave him my best indication that his tyres needed pumping up. Childish yes but god it felt good Hand
Porsche 928 S4

Harv
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Floor

Palladium
Watkins Glen

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tell me more about these watches please, easternjets.

silvermilnec
Österreich

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news on the engine? Hope it's good!!
2006 997 4S
2009 997 1.5 Turbo basalt black on black

rocket_richard
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy

Things are looking good, just need to tie down some details and hopefully I'll be getting a car worth waiting for.

It appears there are some decent people out there and dealing with Hartech is excellent, straight forward and unambiguous.

seeforez
Barcelona

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats good to hear and if you can get a new Hartech build out of the equation - i say thats a great result Thumb

Duffy
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too

Thumb

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 8 of 10

Jump to: