Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Season 24 Top Gear trailer

isysman

Daytona
Made me really laugh. Looking forward to it.

Looks better than the 'other one' already.
Chris Harris is pretty handy behind the wheel of a supercar, his 'vulcan' video is amazing.

The first one was a pilot really and now they're finding their own voice. Should be good to see this land in S2. I'm also really keen to see how they mix the platforms like they did last time. That'll be good for widening the audience and also pushing it down age wise too which is vital.

Also 'The Grand Tour' is starting to find its tone a little more too. Though Celebrity Brain Crash needs to go and Conversation Street is just woeful. But some of the filmed segments have been vintage TG. Some. Not enough. But the tent format and traveling around actually works reasonably well. But it's the staging throughout that's dreadful. Everything is signposted so far in advance. I'm starting to wonder how much of TG's success came from BBC editorial skill. Something that is in more abundance in that new video above promoting TG than in the entire GT series. :thumbs:

Saw the new trailer last night and thought it was great. This series will be far better without Chris Evans. I'm really liking those 3 as motoring presenters - nuff said!

Floating my boat already by the look of that. As above, those three presenters are pretty natural on screen so think the format will work.

Not watched Grand Theft, sorry Tour as I refuse to pay to watch those three idiots. Let's keep our fingers crossed that TG becomes great again. I like LeBlanc he's got a good sense of humour, the Hoonigan piece he did had spot on delivery and timing :thumb:

Not sure about the trailer but at least I'll be able to give the show a try now that CE has gone.

I hope that they're not going to go too far down the "comedy" route like the Grand Tour has. I just lost interest in that in the end and haven't watched it for ages. Clarkson et al now seem to be under the impression that they are comedians rather than quite witty motoring journalists/presenters and the result is cringe-worthy IMO. A bit like when someone tries to turn a best man's speech into a stand-up comedy routine. :nooo:

I suppose MLB is some kind of comedy professional at least. If 'Friends' counts. :dont know:

I would just prefer more cars - less silliness.

madge said:
Not sure about the trailer but at least I'll be able to give the show a try now that CE has gone.

I hope that they're not going to go too far down the "comedy" route like the Grand Tour has. I just lost interest in that in the end and haven't watched it for ages. Clarkson et al now seem to be under the impression that they are comedians rather than quite witty motoring journalists/presenters and the result is cringe-worthy IMO. A bit like when someone tries to turn a best man's speech into a stand-up comedy routine. :nooo:

I suppose MLB is some kind of comedy professional at least. If 'Friends' counts. :dont know:

I would just prefer more cars - less silliness.

I agree with the cringeworthyness. The first episode was good, but then they slipped back into that tired format from TG. Didn't see all the eps but the ones I did see had some pretty bad sections in it. The cars from from meat etc was awful.

Really excited about season 24 TG

Think original TG was getting a bit tired so we got more of the matey/jokey/japery which sort of worked, Clarkson ran the show and the other two each had their own idiosyncrasies that we warmed to.

Then the G/T got the idea that we wanted more of the ironic comedy, 'I know lets kill the guest' what utter drivel, the three of them are good at what they did on T/G but they're not comedians and they proved that every week on the G/Tour.

I've actually been watching re-runs of the Classic Car show and I've sort of warmed to it, Jodie has improved her presenting skills, not that she had any in the first place and Quentin certainly has a good knowledge of cars. In fact it was this show that persuaded me to buy my 997 so it's had a positive effect on me!

easternjets said:
I've actually been watching re-runs of the Classic Car show and I've sort of warmed to it, Jodie has improved her presenting skills, not that she had any in the first place and Quentin certainly has a good knowledge of cars. In fact it was this show that persuaded me to buy my 997 so it's had a positive effect on me!

I quite liked the Classic Car Show too. It was the only motoring show of recent years that I didn't fast-forward through.

The show was actually about the cars (for a change) and I found it very interesting even if Quentin's investment tips and valuations were way behind the market by the time each show aired.

Having said that the dynamic between the presenters was quite 'creepy'. That weird flirty banter made for quite uncomfortable viewing at times. :what:

+1 for that, it is a bit strange, more so because I don't actually find her attractive, it's alright I'm not playing for the other team!
Just think she's got an odd look about her.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back