Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mounting an iPhone in a 981???

michelin

I've used Brodie Pro Clips before but fancy a change as they are quite bulky.
Any ideas?
I will need to use the Sat Nav on my phone so thats a consideration factor.
I see some people have used a 'Steelie' which looks good.
:thumb:

cant comment on where would be best in a 981 but have a similar but cheaper kit to the steelie kit
company called object that i picked up for a fiver at the service station that works very well on my 996
happily post a pic or 2 if your interested? :thumb:

Yes please. Good man :thumb:

Here you go :thumb:

The mount itself

A thin piece of metal on the phone

And attached

Hope that helps :thumb:

How simple is that.
Thanks for posting :thumb:

michelin said:
How simple is that.
Thanks for posting :thumb:

no problem and saves by the look of it about 25 quid on the steelie version which looks identical
and is more reliable than expected as it doesnt fall off over bumps etc

I may have a problem with magnet based holders.
I have a 'Vaja' case for my iPhone and there is a little compartment for my cards and notes. I don't want the magnet wiping the data off them rendering them useless :frustrated:
I certainly don't want a heap of plastic gripped to my dash either :dont know:

I have a windscreen mount which I place by the offside windscreen pillar so I can see the iPhone screen running Waze without too great an eye movement from the road.

Ralph

Thanks Ralph. I'm still researching but I used the cup holder the other night and that sufficed for a bit :roll:

Rennline do x2 different "exact fit" phone holders for the 981.

They are in the USA but have UK agents. I think Design911 have them if you search ;-)

Jon, First class as ever :thumb:

Just keep an eye out for the 6 point brigade. One of the tradies working on my house got stung for looking at an old fashioned street hard copy A-Z whilst driving, yep 6 points for that.Having your phone mounted might give the B.O.B. any excuse.
My phone now goes in the glove box every time.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back