Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gt3 seats / Gen2 steering wheel upgrade

kam

Gt3 style seats and manual steering wheel in Alcantara.
Very happy with the result! 8)

Installed heated seat elements in the seats. Had the seats covered in "real" Grey Alcantara with gator and centre glove box cover.

Read of issues with the horn not Working. Mine did not work after installation. Did some thinking and routed a couple of wires on the steering wheel loom. Two ground wires for the horn, one works with the ignition off other ignition on engine running. No need to program the control unit. All working fine!

All original wires to the wheel untouched and easy to swap back.

Will post a new thread with my wiring diagram.

Love the look of the seats, not sure I could live with them for comfort though, how are you finding them though?

rhino-man said:
Love the look of the seats, not sure I could live with them for comfort though, how are you finding them though?

Added another foam to the base and rear. Did feel my shoulders where at an angle. The additional rear foam has helped. Also installed heat elements.
Very happy! Thanks

Which ones did you buy and who added the extra bits?

rhino-man said:
Which ones did you buy and who added the extra bits?

From design 911, they supply the mounts and runners.

fitted them myself, no issues. Bought 2" thick foam cut to shape.

I mean't the hated elements and extra foam?

rhino-man said:
I mean't the hated elements and extra foam?

Bought 2" foam and had them cut to shape with a cardboard template.

Heated kit from eBay, elements push under the alcantara. Wired and fitted myself.

Switches fitted bottom right do each seat base.

Ok great, not sure I'm brave enough, my current seats are electric and I can cope with ammending woring, not sure I can pull a seat apart though..

rhino-man said:
Ok great, not sure I'm brave enough, my current seats are electric and I can cope with ammending woring, not sure I can pull a seat apart though..

All OEM parts etc left as is, did not have to touch any original wiring.

Had to fit resistors for the seat air bags.

Not really like that, maybe if the back seats were out I think it would look better. Steering wheel look ace

Barrow said:
Not really like that, maybe if the back seats were out I think it would look better. Steering wheel look ace

Agree with the rear seats just don't want to go that far!

Horn wire reroute

Hi good skills on the wheel and seats. I have the same wheel with non-functioning horn what did you do to the loom to fix if you don't mind me asking?

Re: Horn wire reroute

Damo mk1 said:
Hi good skills on the wheel and seats. I have the same wheel with non-functioning horn what did you do to the loom to fix if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you!

Of course!, will pm you my number.

Where is the steering wheel from? Did it come with the alcantara and yellow band?

LaSource said:
Where is the steering wheel from? Did it come with the alcantara and yellow band?

Bought from Germany, original with the stripe was never fitted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back