Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

H and S silencer delite

kaypaul

The H and S 3rd silencer delite is to be fitted to my Gen 2 3.8 S over the next few weeks How many more BHP will that give me?

Very interested in this.

I'm debating Sharkwerks / H&S / Milltek.

Will post another topic, but would love to hear your experience.

Best,

Nik

Yes looking forward to fitting this I already have the PSE and the Carnwel remote so should be the perfect sound I am looking for

Yup - should be about as good as it gets when done! :thumb:

I have a carnewal remote, but sadly no PSE so better advertise it!

Paul , Nik there was a H&S Group buy thread three or four months ago in the 997 section have a read of it there was quite a lot of info in it that you might find interesting :thumb: :grin:

kaypaul said:
The H and S 3rd silencer delite is to be fitted to my Gen 2 3.8 S over the next few weeks How many more BHP will that give me?

Sharkwerks state a 12BHP increase and as the H&S is a copy I'd assume its the same so you should be packing close to 400bhp in your C2S. :thumb: :bandit:

Is there definitely a speed related cutout at 40-70kph (or whatever it is)? The internet has conflicting information.

Shaoxter said:
Is there definitely a speed related cutout at 40-70kph (or whatever it is)? The internet has conflicting information.

I'm 99.9% certain there is. I use the carnewall pse switch which keeps the flaps open or closed with no doubt. When I remove the carnewall and return to stock pse button, it definitely isnt as loud so I always end up reconnecting the carnewall.

The H&S feels like 25bhp on my carefully calibrated butt dyno but it probably just adds noise as the rear centre delete comes after the manifolds, side silencers and cats.

I'd want to see before and after dyno graphs before claiming anything like 385+15=400bhp at the fly, but it does add to the enjoyment, for sure!

nigel99 said:
Shaoxter said:

I'm 99.9% certain there is. I use the carnewall pse switch which keeps the flaps open or closed with no doubt. When I remove the carnewall and return to stock pse button, it definitely isnt as loud so I always end up reconnecting the carnewall.
Thanks, time to place an order with Gert then :typing:
I shall report back with findings and hopefully a video, unlike numerous internet threads I've read on this where someone says they'll buy one but then go quiet!!

I don't think the 997.2 DFI engines have the cut-out between 40-60 MOh. Believe this was only the 996 and 997.1, where a careful diode snip could
deactivate the cut-out.

In case you're interested, I have a carnewal switch available for sale. Bought for my old 997.2 C2 but never installed. :thumb:

I think the Gen2 has the cut out from 40 to 60 as the carnwal remote makes a big difference to the sound all through the speed range. I stand to be corrected and have just fitted an H and S bypass pipe so would like to remove the Carnwal kit if this is the case.
Paul

It's a funny one the 997.2 PSE speed related cut-out. I have PSE + H&S bypass and bought the carnewal device on the basis that it worked in the same way as the 997.1 PSE, but in my own (unscientific) testing, hood down and hood up, I could not detect any difference to the exhaust sound whether the carnewal device was connected/switched on or not, so I concluded the 997.2 PSE doesn't have the cut out and sold the carnewal :dont know:

Installed the Carnewal device, there is 100% some sort of speed/rev related cutout. It's subtle but the noise through the revs in each gear is more consistent now.

So H and S pipes fitted and very happy with the results. so Carnewal remote system now for sale even if there is an exhaust cut out mid range on the Gen2 the by pass pipes more than make up for it. Carnewel kit works very well on the std PSE car enhances the sound all through the speed range.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back