Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Pics of 993 w/ RS side skirts

MattyR

Imola
Hi chaps, has anyone got a pic of their 993 with just the RS side skirts fitted i.e. without the rear wing and front splitters? I am interested because I have the offer of a set and want to know what I am dealing with aesthetically. I have done a google image search but it only throws up cars with the whole kit installed. I want to see a pic of the car with solely the side skirts fitted!

I'm afraid I don't have a picture, but I think the black skirt on your Aventura (dark) will look quite subtle from a palette perspective.

From a visual balance perspective, the bottom of the car may look a bit heavier.

Thanks. I was going to spray the sideskirts body-coloured rather than leave black. I am concerned that it may look too heavy or fussy on a regular NB C2?

I don't see any reason why your nb car can't take on a more aggressive look that the RS aerokit provides.

Body colour for the skirts works as does the black.

Is your car lowered? To my mind that would match the skirt better as that ride height would then provide a more cohesive visual balance.

However it's your car so do what you want!

Yeh, my thoughts exactly! It's getting coilevers before Dinslaken to rock the post-Brexit Euro look 8) Probably looking at a 50mm drop. :grin:

04_01_09_+0011238620149.jpg

I have the aerokit front splitter and have wondered about the side skirts for a while.

Might be interested if you decide against...

To my personal taste, that blue one looks too low at the front. Plus, around my way the speed bumps would kill the chin. Also - imo - with that kit you need 18" wheels, like that or Turbo.

MattyR said:
Hi chaps, has anyone got a pic of their 993 with just the RS side skirts fitted i.e. without the rear wing and front splitters? I am interested because I have the offer of a set and want to know what I am dealing with aesthetically. I have done a google image search but it only throws up cars with the whole kit installed. I want to see a pic of the car with solely the side skirts fitted!
There are photos here but as the car is black, it's quite difficult to see!

MattyR said:
Thanks. I was going to spray the sideskirts body-coloured rather than leave black. I am concerned that it may look too heavy or fussy on a regular NB C2?
Not sure about body coloured ones....

930894d1429818595-quack-quack-picture1.png

47727_426619826646_504516646_5424943_3602688_n.jpg

41084_426621486646_504516646_5424968_1350103_n.jpg

Original black for comparison:

XzWILNc.jpg

YRCO1AX.jpg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member