Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Agate Grey/ Sport Tex Seats quick shots

thedarkknight

Finally took delivery of my C4S and couldn't be happier. Can't wait to break through 4krpm after 2k miles.
Here are some quick pics and yes she's dirty and the kids have been in the back!

A lot of people have commented that Agate Grey has a 'bit of brown' in it which is def. misleading. A lot of the perceived brown comes from reflections from the road surface/surroundings and of course it looks very different at dusk/dawn; part of the reason why I like it.

Ordered the black Sport Tex seats unseen and am very happy with the little details and contrast of the deviated stitching. Carbon key is painted which is Ok but I've now ordered the real deal which I think will be a nice touch.
Thanks to all on the forum as a lot of reading helped form my decisions so I hope these interior real world shots will help someone else.

BTW - I think the Bose sub is def. worth it over the standard system!

Attachments

• dscn8661_161.jpg
    dscn8661_161.jpg
    849.2 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8662_649.jpg
    dscn8662_649.jpg
    785.1 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8663_957.jpg
    dscn8663_957.jpg
    691.4 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8664_109.jpg
    dscn8664_109.jpg
    437.3 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8665_118.jpg
    dscn8665_118.jpg
    665.7 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8666_165.jpg
    dscn8666_165.jpg
    655.4 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8667_111.jpg
    dscn8667_111.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8675_498.jpg
    dscn8675_498.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 9,938
  • dscn8679_770.jpg
    dscn8679_770.jpg
    711.6 KB · Views: 9,938
  • img_7762_640.jpg
    img_7762_640.jpg
    303.4 KB · Views: 9,938
very nice indeed...CONGRATS

Enjoy, just get the 2k out the way this week and then plant it!!!

love the colour but then I am biased and also loving the detail on the seats, great choice! :)

The cars looks brilliant, I'm trying to choose options for a 991.2 GTS which will be my first 911, and Agate is my favourite at the moment, also GT Silver or Guards Red are on my short list.
Can you describe how the sport tex seat material feels? Is it like nylon, cotton, plastic for instance? The seats certainly look smart, but I wonder if they will cause static.
I have been looking at the two tone black and red leather with the Agate - looks good on the configurator and 'lifts' the interior.
Thanks for posting.

Gorsh said:
The cars looks brilliant, I'm trying to choose options for a 991.2 GTS which will be my first 911, and Agate is my favourite at the moment, also GT Silver or Guards Red are on my short list.
Can you describe how the sport tex seat material feels? Is it like nylon, cotton, plastic for instance? The seats certainly look smart, but I wonder if they will cause static.
I have been looking at the two tone black and red leather with the Agate - looks good on the configurator and 'lifts' the interior.
Thanks for posting.

Seats feel soft yet grippy and not at all 'plasticky'.
Haven't experienced any static, colour choice will be down to you.
There'll be a lot of indecision prior to the lockdown date but I'd suggest you decide on wether you want a 'sporty' look or a 'GT' look or something in-between. Good luck!

thedarkknight said:
There'll be a lot of indecision prior to the lockdown date but I'd suggest you decide on wether you want a 'sporty' look or a 'GT' look or something in-between. Good luck!

Thanks for that. Yes, playing on the configurator has become almost a daily affair! They look so good in lots of colours. Options wise I'm not too bad but the paint and interior is a real problem! Part of the trouble is it really grates on me to pay over £4k to get the GTS interior! Add one of the 'special' paint colours and it's £6k before any other options! I think it will be one of the above colours though - both GT Silver and Agate look sleek and classy and Guards with black wheels is a real looker with impact.

When they say Sport 'Tex' is that the new name for vinyl/faux leather or is there actually cowhide somewhere on it :dont know:

I was looking at spec for a 718 and it mentions 'tex' as an option

Zingari said:
When they say Sport 'Tex' is that the new name for vinyl/faux leather or is there actually cowhide somewhere on it :dont know:

I was looking at spec for a 718 and it mentions 'tex' as an option

Think of it as 'half-leather'. The 'Tex' sections are a combination of woven textile as you can see on the close up pick. No faux or fake animals AFAIK.
Nice review by zee German here:

http://www.718forum.com/forum/exterior-interior/4697-sport-tex-interior.html

I was very surprised to receive the new carbon key fobs esp. as delivery was in the middle of Chinese New Year.
Very nicely packaged box with the key fobs snugly held in foam. I've included pics of the £11 'carbon look' vs the £29 real deal for comparison.
Note to self: must stop buying accessories for the new car :hand:

Attachments

• img_7850_1_353.jpg
    img_7850_1_353.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 9,614
  • img_7851_1_114.jpg
    img_7851_1_114.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 9,614
  • img_7852_1_224.jpg
    img_7852_1_224.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 9,614
  • img_7853_1_686.jpg
    img_7853_1_686.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 9,614
  • img_7854_1_634.jpg
    img_7854_1_634.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 9,614
Gorsh said:
thedarkknight said:

Thanks for that. Yes, playing on the configurator has become almost a daily affair! They look so good in lots of colours. Options wise I'm not too bad but the paint and interior is a real problem! Part of the trouble is it really grates on me to pay over £4k to get the GTS interior! Add one of the 'special' paint colours and it's £6k before any other options! I think it will be one of the above colours though - both GT Silver and Agate look sleek and classy and Guards with black wheels is a real looker with impact.

Obviously you're buying your car for you but I'd think long and hard before not ticking the GTS interior box...it's one of the highlights of the car IMHO. Part of what makes a GTS a GTS and is definitely sort after if you ever want to sell. Cars without stick around and fetch less.

Cheib said:
Obviously you're buying your car for you but I'd think long and hard before not ticking the GTS interior box...it's one of the highlights of the car IMHO. Part of what makes a GTS a GTS and is definitely sort after if you ever want to sell. Cars without stick around and fetch less.

Thanks - yes you're right about that. Porsche are annoyingly clever at marketing, the base ans S 991.2 cars have leather interior as standard, it's over £2k on the GTS, the alcantara with leather is also over £2k then another £2k for the GTS stitching. I must say I'm not very impressed with the alcantara 'shape' on the seat back - prefer it just the centre panel.

thedarkknight said:
I was very surprised to receive the new carbon key fobs esp. as delivery was in the middle of Chinese New Year.
Very nicely packaged box with the key fobs snugly held in foam. I've included pics of the £11 'carbon look' vs the £29 real deal for comparison.
Note to self: must stop buying accessories for the new car :hand:

Where did you buy them from!?

Very nice :thumb:

Seventy Seven said:
Very nice :thumb:
cheers.

Here's the key in-situ:

Attachments

• img_7866_437.jpg
    img_7866_437.jpg
    107.4 KB · Views: 9,429

New Threads