Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 S - Suggested Restorers

Jam911

My friend has just imported a 911 S from the USA and it needs some bodywork and interior work doing.

I would like some recommendations of where he could take it for the work to be carried out please.

Thanks

Also...

If I ever picked up an old 911 and wanted it restored I'd also consider

Tuthill's - they built Kermit for Chris H, and
Autofarm - they've been around a long time from what I can gather and know old 911's inside out

Both Oxfordshire based I believe

Good luck 8)

Depends what your friend wants. My shell was restored by Barry Carter, you will not find better. Barry only restores bare shells and only carrys out metal work. Chesterton's also do amazing work.

If your friend wants one company to manage the whole project then Canford Classics, BS Motorsport, Early 911, Tuthills or Autofarm would be fine if expensive.

Just ensure it goes to somewhere that knows these early cars inside out.

Also would be well worth looking at the restoration threads on DDK.

Mine here. http://www.ddk-online.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=31622&start=600

Kind Regards.

It surely depends on what needs doing. Is this a restoration or just a couple of minor cosmetic jobs to get it looking nice?

If you are talking about fixing a couple of minor dings and scratches then any bodyshop with a decent reputation for dealing will classic cars ought to be up to it. If he is looking to have it brought to near concours condition as a summer polishing car worth top dollar then it is a different question and a big project for a shop with a respected name.

I haven't seen the car yet so I am not sure what needs doing.
But thanks for the info I will pass it on.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back