Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Early Cayenne S bore scoring

veearrsix

Hi All,

I have purchased a 2003 Cayenne S on a popular auction site. I've done a bit of reading about potential issues and the only one that I want to ask more about is the potential bore scoring problems. It is a high mileage engine, so I guess its susceptible to this problem.

I'd like to know if the engine issue is the same sort of thing as the 996 engine issues, where, yes there are some issues but it's a small percentage of engines that might be affected. I had A C4S previously and never had a problem. Or is the issue with the early V8's a dead cert to happen?

cheers in advance

Its a small percentage of cars that suffer from it from what ive seen , well , so far at least as they are getting older .

the give away is removeing and inspecting the spark plugs ( oil fouling ) or a certain knocking from the engine when warm and at idle .

Seems to be more common on bank 2 in my experience so a plug check that side might help prove or disprove it for you .

I believe its to do with a blocked spray jet on certain cyls .. but i would think Hartech could answer that question far better than i could .

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back