Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any thoughts on this?

eko

Just beginning to look for a 996 and saw this one for sale.

http://www.shirltoncarsales.co.uk/u...3-4-996-carrera-2-2dr-cannock-201701111225291

£14,890
Porsche 911 3.4 996 Carrera 2 2dr
LOW MILEAGE 69K MILES F.S.H *

I'd really appreciate any views from this forum, as of course as owners you'll have more experience of these cars than me.
Or, if anyone knows of something else for sale, or are even thinking of selling themselves then please let me know.

One thing I wanted to check.
The advert mentions a blue interior, but it looks black in the photos.
Is this a misprint or is the blue just very dark?

Metropole Blue. Very dark blue. I don't like it but some do.

Car looks reasonably priced for a dealer car.
Could get cheaper privately.

That looks good to me. Sports seats, but hard to see what other options (on phone). Metropole blue works really well. To all intents and purposes black, but a little less oppressive in the flesh. It looks well priced. I think a lot of private sellers would ask more at that mileage. That is all assuming it really does check out and really does have FSH.

Steady use over the years, great MOT history, last of the cable throttle cars. Very similar to mine except I don't have the sports seats. The blue interior is fine.

MC

Yeah I like it!

Cracking cars the 3.4's. Other than the C4S the 996.1 3.4 C2 is my favourite of the non-turbo/GT 996 cars. I also (personally) think they will be worth more than the 3.6's in the very long run too.

Not sure why its got the cassette tape compartments with no tape player though... :?:

ragpicker said:
Not sure why its got the cassette tape compartments with no tape player though... :?:

I had a cassette player in my old c2, well for a while at least. I'm not sure if you press a button and then the front flips down. FYI if you go for this car the cassette drawers are great to keep you lunch in, crackers in one drawer, cheese in another...

Op love the car! As others have said a c2, manual, coupe is the pick of the litter. Price looks very sensible too!

Thanks for your replies.

Can't help thinking that the doors look a slightly different shade of silver.

Might just be the way the pictures have been taken, would need to see it in the flesh i guess.

Not uncommon for these cars to have had a body panel resprayed. Something the mileage never tells you. Front bumper trim needs taking back to black. Other than that, looks ok. Overpriced due to the mileage.

I always think it's a good tell-tale sign if the bumper trim is black or not. Shows how obsessed with the car the previous owner was.

Looks to be a good car if the service history and ppi stack up :thumb: both bumpers and the drivers door look like they've had paint, like Alex says it's not uncommon, if I can make one criticism the pictures do seem to confirm that silver cars need a good fade/blend when having new paintwork, might not be as evident in the flesh though.

ragpicker said:

Mine has a tape player and CD compartments!

That's metropole blue which is really dark blue but I think it really works with silver. (Well it did for me coz that was the spec on the C2 I had)! :lol:

Looks great to me.

Options that would be a nice bonus would be -

220 Limited slip diff
030 Factory sports suspension

The hard back Sports seats which it has are a nice bonus too.

Very nice and keenly priced for the mileage. You could still spend a bit though if nothing has been refreshed for years but to be honest you need to be realistic.
A lot gets lost on these forums about "normal" ownership. Lots of people will run a car and trust their Indy to tell them what it needs so it may well have had anything that's gone wrong etc but not to the extent we "enthusiasts" do things.

E.g. I know my water pump looks original so I want to change it but it wouldn't really be fair to say to a seller "Ooh original looking water pump, knock another £200 off" as to many owners if it's not leaking and still pumps water it's fine.

So recent expenditure is great but be realistic and expect to spend a bit on maybe rads, pump, some coffin arms etc.

That's my view anyway. :thumb:

Well, I called about it this morning, but it's sold.

Thanks for all the comments and tips, very much appreciated.

If you know of any others, or anyone who's thinking of selling, then please give me a shout.

Cheers :thumb:

That's a bummer. I know that when I was searching exactly a year ago C2 manual coupe mk1s were selling within 24hours if they were good and I switched a deposit on my car within 2 hours of it appearing for sale.
I paid just under £13k with 74k so as I said that car above was very keenly priced for a dealer. I'll bet you if they get another one in the same it'll be a grand more. I've seen it happen at places over the years.

Good luck. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back