Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Courtesy car

effy

Cars booked in for it's major 10th Feb plus they can find out where that strange TCP smell is coming from? I've requested a courtesy car, for the weekend, do they supply a Porsche or will it be another model? No Nissan Micra remarks please, what are peoples past experiences with OPC courtesy cars :?:

Depends what your particular OPC is using for courtesy cars.
Hatfield in the past have made available Boxsters and Panamaras. The last one I used was indeed the latest Boxster, two years ago.

I have had a pair of Boxsters when getting mine serviced.

MC

If you haven't asked specifically for a Porsche you may not get one.

To get a Porsche you normally have to book well in advance. I rang last week to book a Minor at Tonbridge and they couldn't give me a car until the first week in March. I wanted to book in earlier so they'll give me a lift to the station unless they call me in the meantime if they get a cancellation.

I've had Boxsters and Caymans in the past and when I asked for a 4 door, I got a Macan and then a Cayenne.

MisterCorn said:

MC

Why did they give you two cars :?:

:D

I never requested a Porsche I just requested a courtesy car, I'm hoping as it's just over 2 weeks away, it'll be something nice :grin:

I've had a Panamera & Macan from my local.

Both very tempting!

Have had a full range - Boxster, 991C2, Macan, and a Fiesta....and a pretty hateful Golf

To get something decent, it was a case of booking far enough in advance.

T8 said:
MisterCorn said:

MC

Why did they give you two cars :?:

:D

It wasn't at the same time. But I had my cars serviced by OPC twice.

MC

Booked well in advance, hoping for p car.

Service manager led me out to car pool area where there was a 991 TTS and a Merc 200e.

As an optimist, I thought I'd bagged the flagship. Nevertheless, spent 2 days with Merc on my drive:(

I've had 997 S, Cayenne, Panamera Diesel, Panamera Hybrid, 991, 991 cab S

991S, Boxster, and Cayman.

MisterCorn said:

MC

Greedy.

Hang on, or is there some obligation to get as close as possible to the customer car's power output?

Anyone got courtesy car experience at opc silverstone? I need to book the cayenne in.

........ I normally get the train back from dropping the car off...... then the train back again to pick the car up ....... I live the dream ........ :floor:

I always had a Porsche from Chester, never had to ask. Haven't been there for about 4 years though, so not sure they still do that. At Wilmslow I usually have to ask for a Porsche or I get a Mercedes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back