Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2 Clutch Replacement Costs

sanj71

Looks like my clutch will need replacing. Clutch not slipping but clutch pedal stiff with lots of squeaking at the back end. Clutch was last replaced 70k miles & 16 years ago.

Has anyone else had this done recently? What are the approximate costs and should I also be considering adjacent work to be done along side the clutch?

i have a receipt for £1001 for mine 6k miles ago. oe is fine, you'd normally do the release bearing etc and inspect the dual mass flywheel i believe ours have fitted.

Think that's roughly what it cost me 2 years ago with me supplying the clutch kit bought from ecp

A993LAD said:
Do they drop the engine out to do this?
no need. unless you have a burning desire to get other stuff done thats easier with the engine out.

I sourced my 3 part clutch kit for under £250, and local indie charged approx £400 in labour etc so I was well happy.

If planning/budgetting and you find the Flywheel needs replacing it'll add another few hundred quid to the parts list, but not a lot of labour.

I bought my clutch kit over 2 years ago, and only fitted last July, as i knew it would need replacing. These deals do come up fairly regularly through usual suspects on the bay, and discount deals with ECP etc.

Toyed with replacing the flywheel, but wasn't any need, but would have stumped up current price at time if required (with savings on clutch kit)

£825 fitted last October, helps if your indy isnt VAT registered😉

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back