Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 23
997 : 2004- 80
996 : 1997-2005 44
993 : 1993-1998 6
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 19
Cayman : 2005- 11
Cayenne : 2003- 5
Macan : 2014- 1
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 0
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments Alfa.

Yes it's quite satisfying once it's done. Lots of trouble along the way mind and a few "why do I bother" moments, but hey, that's old cars eh. Thumb

Dammit
Albert Park

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can be amazingly satisfying- whenever I get in the car and see the wheel perfectly framing the dials it puts a smile on my face, for example.

For me one of the biggest factors is that you have something wholly your own.

alfazagato
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming from a vastly different "old car" movement, one that revers originality above all, I am both amazed and impressed by the divergent attitudes and thoughts which go into the preparation of the cars. Its brilliant and why I didn't do this beforehand I can't think.

Stuart

wasz
Magny-Cours

1999 Porsche 996 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marky911 wrote:

I’ve dropped a clanger with my timing so summer is half gone.

Shoulda been out in the snow doing this like I was!

This rustproofing is just in time for these cars, should keep them nice for a long time.

Guywilko

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just refreshed my front end suspension. I moved but did not disconnect the calipers.
I fitted the bigredd Titanium nipples. The seat angles look the same as the old ones but i noticed a rim of corrosion lateral to the seat, on the old nipples.

The bigredd ones leaked at normal torque , so i loosened and tightened them a few times and now they are dry.

My theory is that there is some corrosion on the outside edge of the calliper seat that prevents the centre of the nipple seat sealing. I guess that i crushed the corrosion down to make a good seal in the centre..??

Guy

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excuse the late reply. Busy weekend.

Dammit - Evening Neil, yep your view to your clocks is a great example of seeing a project through. Thumb
I'm yet to get my wheel and seats in but I'll have to see how much it bothers me. Probably lots. Wink
I'm similar to yourself in that if I picture how something should be at the start of a project, I won't stop until it's exactly as I pictured. That can result in a whole heap of hassle mind, as you well know.

Alfa - You're never to old to start. Get tinkering. Thumb

Wasz - I remember your snowy exploits well. Grin We can't win I suppose. Brave the winter or lose the summer. I'm lucky to have my garage for over winter but I must sort the lighting for this winter as it's pretty poor.

And yes now is exactly the time to address any early signs of corrosion. It's just little bits of underseal here and there on edges and things that have split and are holding water. Fine if caught now but not if left unchecked.

Guy - Hi, thanks for your post. I think you've pretty much nailed it there as my old nipples had a ring of corrosion around the taper. We've done what you mention already though and tightened them almost to beyond what I'm happy to do in M10 ally threads and they still leaked.

It's time to try the SS ones this weekend but I'm expecting to end up giving up and buying proper Brembo ones.

Not in any way whinging here, as nothing's ever straight forward, but if something can go wrong it'll happen to me or Craig. Houses or cars, the amount of freaky failures or parts not fitting etc is unreal. I could write a book on it. Grin

But what's the other option, sit on my arse and never bother doing anything. Very Happy
Bloody frustrating though when you spend time and money on an item that you should be able to tick off the list and move on, yet you find yourself revisiting it again and again. frustrated

Anyway I'll crack on this weekend and see what happens. Cheers lads. Thumb

Y2K
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good progress but still waiting for the money shot i.e. full aerokit.

Hurry up. Laughing Thumb

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha, hi mate. I'm so close, yet so far. frustrated

I got it back from bodyshop after its final polish at the weekend.
Final refit this weekend then alignment next week.

Little snap shot of how it sits now. Thumb
This was actually taken last week when it was covered in 2 months worth of dust. Rear lights and engine lid were being adjusted hence poor fit.

Sold my Dansk boxes as Craig had these at his so I tried them when we had the car stripped and I prefer the sound. Craig hates the round tailpipes as they don't fit the oval bumper cut outs. I don't mind them.
I get the feeling we'll always be sampling new exhausts though so I'm sure they won't be forever. Wink

I ran these on my GT3 for a while years ago. They're in pic on page 1.

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd do a little update on the car. I'll do a full bodywork post when I can.

This week though is all about alignment, with the car being back on the road.
The car drives horribly after all the work. I can feel the 4 corners pulling against each other etc.
So on Monday I headed down to the alignment place I use. It used to be great but Kwikfit have taken it over and they've ruined it. Well, it's actually the prat of a manager who has ruined it. He just doesn't want to do anything. You know these people that seem so put out and unhappy in their job, you feel like saying "If it makes you this miserable do something else".
Craig went last week and warned me about the guys attitude. I'd obviously have usually went elsewhere after hearing this, but I have the remainder of a two year deal to use up so the next alignment is free.
Anyway I headed down and the guy was every bit of a pain as I thought. He was bad enough on the phone before I went.
He faffed about for a bit and then told me the rear tow adjusters are seized.
They are one of the few items I haven't renewed or had off so fair do's.
So my Indy has squeezed me in this Saturday to renew the toe adjusters and bolts as I've had enough crawling around on the garage floor for now. Wink

I'm booked in at a different branch of Kwik fit on Monday where the lads couldn't be more helpful. I just need a decent setup until I go to CG next spring.

After that it's off to my detailers for a full exterior detail and maybe ceramic coating.
The car did go back to the bodyshop for a final polish but it's a typical bodyshop machine polish. Not bad but not perfect in the sunshine. It's gonna be a nightmare to keep it looking nice.

In other news I gave up with those aftermarket bleed nipples on my calipers. More hassle than they're worth.
I've just fitted a set of genuine Brembo ones with the correct profile.
They instantly felt better even just on the first few threads. They nipped up lovely, and are bone dry.
Some things aren't worth the hassle. Lesson learned.

More to follow soon. Thumb

coullstar
Suzuka

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it all coming together. Not to sure on the tailpipes to be honest, I like an oval slashcut myself.

Actually contemplating putting some aero bit on my car now. A bit like your mate Craigs with the Mk1 front and Mk2 side skirts.

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Graeme,
yes when I say I “don’t mind” the tailpipes, that’s all it is. They aren’t my favourites. Trouble is the tailpipes don’t use the traditional style fittings. They are actually welded onto the boxes. So they are there to stay until I swap boxes in the future.
I agree though ovals are much better. I have a set of slash cut aftermarket ones that were on the car and also a pair of the Tequipment EP4110’s. So I’ll revisit the exhaust at some point.

I like the sound at low revs and blipping the throttle but when under load it may sound a bit hollow. I need to hear it drive past then decide. Like I say though it’ll all do for now.

I’ve been reading your thread and agree on the aero. Loads of great combinations to choose from, so I’m sure you’ll come up with a great look. Thumb

So finally… Bodywork

Initial plans were just to paint the front end for light stone chipping plus a couple of other parts such as wing mirror covers. The genuine but used aerokit I had bought was in my colour but we had to see if it would be a perfect match. Probably not.

The car was very good for a 20 year old 911, but like most cars that old, a close inspection could find minor defects on most panels.
So after discussing things with the bodyshop we decided a full respray would be the best route as it would remove the risk of the fresh paint not matching the 20 year old paint elsewhere. I knew that already obviously but as with everything, the costs were putting me off. I could save a lot on labour though by stripping it and rebuilding it myself. So that’s what we did.

So, a quick rundown on some of the imperfections around the car. I’ll just add that the car was filthy so don’t confuse the mud splats and dirt for paint damage. Wink

Gravel rash behind both front wheels -

Chips and Laquer peel to OS mirror shell -

NS mirror not bad, but minor chips -

Chip on OSF wing top -

Chip above OSF wheel arch and a tiny bleb a few centimetres below it -

Tiny squiggle of rust at drivers door window seal -

Chip on OSR quarter panel -

Chipping to rear edge of drivers door. You’ll never touch up this to be perfect with a touch up pen. Just can’t be done -

Crude touch up on NSR quarter panel -

Small dent in sunroof panel -

Very minor corrosion on the roof gutter rails -

Finally, the obligatory door catch rust on both B pillars -

So into the garage it went -

Stripped and ready to go -

More to follow….

Jamesx19
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great stuff Marky.

I kind of like the round pipes, but they I know they "draw the eye" to them rather than blending into the existing styling.

My current blend of stainless manifolds, stainless 200 cell cats and Eiseman PSE silencers (Which are stuck in loud) is a tad much I feel. I need to swap the silencers for some high flowing quieter ones.

I really like the aero kit (obviously, as I have one on my car) Did you think about a ducktail? RPM's one a tad pricey but I imagine your S/H aero kit cant have been cheap either....

Keep up the good work Thumb

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evening James.

Thanks and yep the round pipes aren't appalling (although Craig begs to differ Wink ) but when every 996 has ovals you certainly notice them.

It's funny you mention your setup. Craig is having the exact same problem.
200 cel X pipe, stainless fanimolds and switchable boxes and it's just too loud.
It's a toss up of what to remove though as they all play their part. Do Not Know

I really like the ducktails but for me coming from my Mk1 GT3 I was always going to fit the full aerokit. It isn't a case of a GT3 wish-it-was, It will wear a Carrera badge for all to see. I simply love the styling of the aerokit in particular that rear wing.

Anyway, I hope you're racking up the miles on yours now. It must feel good to have no more M96 worries. Thumb

Ok, so off the car went to the bodyshop.
The quote was very good and I’d given the painter a different job a month before as a test and he made a superb job of that.
I was promised lots of pictures but as is usually the way with painters, he forgot. I couldn’t be bothered to make a pest of myself and pester him and ultimately, it’s the paint job that counts. Bear in mind it wasn’t a £10k paint job. If it was I‘d have been expecting daily updates and pics etc. Grin

The only pics I have are when I popped in and he was prepping the Aerokit.

So what’s it like?? Pretty damn nice actually. One or two tiny imperfections, mainly on the rear wing/engine lid, but overall I’m pleased. He doesn’t have a million pound spray booth, so 100% perfection was a touch out of reach.

The car will get used though and pick up new chips, so if I still have it in 20 years time, I’ll be ultra picky next time if the cars are worth a lot more. They may well be worthless though if there’s no petrol. Very Happy

I did have words with the painter though about one item (mainly that rear wing) and we didn’t part on the best of terms.
Typical painter, but more on that later. Grin

Onto some pics…

Collection -

It was agreed with the painter that I’d take the car away and reassemble it, then take it back for its final machine polish. This made more sense than trying to polish the bumpers and flexible parts on stands etc. I’m sure I’ve mentioned that before actually, but my main point is that the paint in the following pics is “out of the gun” finish. Even so it was already pretty nice.

Home. This was in March. I’m only now getting it back on the road, due to other commitments -

Craig makes a guest performance in this shot. Hello sailor. Very Happy -

May the rebuild commence.

As I look back through the pictures it seems like a very quick process, but it wasn’t. Lot’s of fiddly time consuming jobs with the added hindrance of having to be mega careful around fresh paint. Plus I’m not the best at remembering to take pics so lots of things are missing. mainly any pics of the pile of new clips and parts from Porsche. I must have spent a good few hundred pounds on those alone.

The first thing I wanted to do was to get the car dust and water tight. So first job was to build up the doors -

Exterior door handles and new gaskets.-

New door window guides -

Old vs new wing mirrors and foams. Now I could have reused the old ones as you don’t see the corroded frames once the painted shells go back on, but I knew it was there so new ones were sourced -

Painted shells -

Assembled. Note some spare wires taped up at the back. The mirrors must be suitable for a mk2 as well as I didn’t require those. -

Doors complete -

Onto the roof -

Rails. We only snapped one plastic clip on removal, so that was replaced. -

Fitted -

Rear light mounting brackets with new screws -

Rear bumper inner mounting strip with new nuts. I’d painted this a while back when doing my exhausts -

Fitted -

It was at this point that the car went into the garage so we could do the brakes and suspension that I’ve already covered on here.
Once that was done, it was back onto the bodywork.

Lower wing edge protective films. We home made the rear quarter ones out of 3M clear film. It’s thicker and we made them larger to cover the whole area.

Fitted along with all new speed clips for the bumpers -

Then it was onto the kit itself. Fitted with every proper screw, clip and part from Porsche -

Not many pictures of fitting for some reason. We must have been enjoying ourselves too much. Wink
Plenty of finished pics to come though.

One thing I mentioned in my suspension post was the Porsche tax. Well get this for the ultimate example.

Good ole Klebefolies. Or adhesive strips to you and me -

A truly bargainous £22.42 for one side and £25.79 for the other. Oh, and that’s plus vat!

Firstly, we cannot even see what they do apart from offer a bit of protection from stone-chipping and secondly, why are they different prices.

That’s what I get for simply ordering everything off a particular page of the parts file. Grin

Anyway, side skirts fitted -

Once they were on I could refit the under trays.
Some folk think I don’t know my kunststoffmutter from my klammer, but I managed. Grin

While the car had been at the bodyshop I cleaned the lights and things ready for refitting.

Rear centre brake light was very dull -

I was about to look at buying a new one but I thought I’d try some 2000 grit wet and dry then a few passes with my polisher. it worked -

Next I had a go at the rear lights, which were also swirly and lacked clarity -

A half and half. Area at the bottom of the pic is corrected. Area nearer the top isn’t -

Complete. Not 100% correction but much much better -

Getting there now, if a little dusty -

So with that we finally pulled it outside. Talk about wheels making or breaking a car. In this case the latter. Very Happy -

This is as far as we wanted to go, as the car now had to go back for its final polish, hence we left out the screen seals, center brake light, wiper delete bung etc. Basically anything that the painters could damage with their polisher or wedge compound into. Wink

Final bodywork post to follow. Maybe tomorrow, maybe not.
Right, off to bed. I'm up early to head down to my indy tomorrow to get the rear toe adjusters sorted.

Cheers. Thumb

Dammit
Albert Park

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have to agree with the rear spoiler - I'd take Aerokit over ducktail, there's something really satisfying about the curves of it.

I think if you making a sort of amalgamation of all classic Porsches (Pascha cloth on the seats etc etc) then a ducktail probably works better, but the Aerokit is 996.

coullstar
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks amazing. Pretty much a new car sitting there.

NLW73
Suzuka

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the aero kit and looking minty

I don’t love the turbo wheel on the aero kit as not quite right. Needs the split rims to finish it off

I would buy those wheels that are in the for sale section as they are in great condition and have the Black centres with polished rim. Would finish it off a treat

Sell the turbo wheels as they always go

Y2K
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outstanding update Mark.

Not tempted by PPF?

EGTE
Imola

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fantastic post, Mark. Thumb

Don't forget OZ Allegheritas look fantastic on an aerokit car (vis Bovington's car from EVO days).

I'm sure you did, but don't forget to put some UV-proofing on those rear light, or they will very rapidly fade once more.

But that is one well-looked after car!

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much lads, it’s been a lot of work but I’ve finally got the excitement for the car, now it is becoming what I want.

Dammit - Yes Neil, that’s exactly my school of thoughts. Either go aftermarket wheels, ducktail and a cool retro interior, or do a sort of OEM+ type thing with genuine parts and wheels wherever possible.
The Mk1 rear wing is one of Porsches finest, so was the only choice for me on a mk1. i do really like the RPM cars though, especially in Vesuvious and things. Thumb

Coullstar - Thanks Graeme, it’s nice and tidy now. Still lots to do, such as interior, but the main thing is, once it’s detailed I’ll be happy to use it. The interior can be done as and when.

NLW - Thanks for the comments. Great minds think alike. I couldn’t possibly use those twists with the aerokit. I’ve had a set of GT3 wheels for almost as long as the car. They’re on now and are covered in the next post. Thumb

Y2K - Cheers bud. I’m very tempted by PPF, but I’m not so tempted by the price. Grin
My best hope is to get the car detailed now, then hope I don’t pick up too many chips by next spring. Then I’ll weigh it up and maybe get a minor perfection detail before having it PPF’d.

It’s definitely the most sensible option though to have it protected properly.

EGTE - Hi EG, I do like those OZs but they’re a bit a bit too “motorsporty” for what I’m after. Jethro B’s looks great mind and I love the colour of his car too.
So I’ve gone with the GT3 rims. Absolute Anvils compared to the OZ featherweight options but nevermind.

I’ll have to get something on the light lenses yes. I haven’t yet. I’ll buy something or speak to the detailer I use. Thanks for the reminder. I had forgot to be honest.

Anyway, I hope you’re enjoying the Evora. I’ve never owned a Lotus, but I’m guessing they get under your skin just like 911s? Enjoy! Thumb

Final-ish bodywork part coming next. Smile

Marky911
Albert Park

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, so the car went back to the bodyshop for a final polish. I mentioned in the last post, we had words, here’s why.

As I’ve mentioned, the rear wing was the worst panel the painters did. That sounds bad when in actual fact it’s ok but had some imperfections when I collected it. Mainly a few fish eyes, which if you don’t know are tiny circular dishes in the paint, that look like tiny fish eyes funnily enough. Very Happy

It wasn’t noticed by us though until we went to assemble it, so I trailed back to the bodyshop and left it with them to repaint. Well other commitments meant it was a month before I went to collect it and when I did, all they’d done was sand a small area where the fish eyes were.
When I quizzed them on it, they said “They’ll flat and polish out so just wait until we do the final polish”.
I said I didn’t think they would but whatever.

So on collection of the car after the final polish was I greeted with perfection? Was I heck. They hadn’t polished out. I was pretty annoyed, as I’m not even a painter and I knew they wouldn’t come out. They’re better but still there, if you know where they are.

We had a few words and the painter said “Well I’m not doing anymore on that car, just keep the last £500”. I owed him my final instalment.
Rather miffed I left, but figured the £500 will get a good detail done and I can have the engine lid redone if I want. For now though I just want to use the bloody car, so I’ve stuck the badge on and things and I’ll worry about it later.
To be honest the fisheyes are on the lower centre horizontal section between the 2 slots in the engine lid. Once the top blade is fitted you can’t see them. There is a single one in a more obvious place but hey-ho.
The car is 20 years old and like I say they don’t have a million pound spray booth. It was more their attitude. Typical painters. They all promise the world, then rush the job. My painter should stick to trade work. Quick turnaround and not fussy. Although That’s perhaps being a little harsh on him. Grin

I am mega fussy to be fair and have never been happy with any of the many paint jobs I’ve had over the years, so I need to learn to let some things go. I can these days as I’ve more important things to worry about. Don’t sweat the small stuff an’ all that.

Anyway I had the car to my indy today and he was very impressed with the paint and even more so once he knew the price. It’s like brand new compared to most other 20 year old 911s.

Right some pics…

So once it was back we could fit the smaller final details -

Front screen seal -

Fitted -

Rear screen seal -

Fitted -

Sunroof seal, fitted. This takes some getting on!

Rear quarter to rear scuttle panel trims -

Fitted -

Front scuttle panel fitted. Needs the heat-gun treatment really, but I’ll whip it back off during winter -

I gave my wiper arms the old Ed China treatment.

Before -

During -

New blades -

Fitted -

Rear Carrera badge. Fitted pic at the end. -

Bonnet badge was a bummer. I’d had a new one sitting there for ages but when we tightened it up the enamel crumbled above one of the pins. frustrated

Luckily Craig had a new one there too, so I’ve used that. Cheers mate. Thumb -

Fitted -

Nearly there, don’t worry Very Happy

While the car was away for its polish I sorted out my freshly refurbished GT3 wheels in the correct 8 and 10 inch widths.

Tyre snobs look away now! Great fair weather tyres…. so perfect for me. Razz

Fitted -

I gave them a coat or two of wheel sealant -

Then it was a case of which centre caps??

Aftermarket black and silver -

Genuine black and silver -

Aftermarket Colour crested -

Genuine Colour crested -

Well I decided on black and silver as I think they look best with red callipers. For non red callipers eg black or silver I’d add a bit of colour with the colour crested ones, but that’s just me.

I’ve gone with the aftermarket ones. Dunno why I just like them. I’ll no doubt change from time to time anyway.

I also stumbled across my first ever Porsche mod. A set of valve covers I bought about 15 years ago for my first black Frankenstein car. So I’ve stuck them on too for now.

I also always use a set of £8 wheel nut caps, as I like black nuts and Porsche nuts don’t last.
I ditched my lockers as I hate having an odd bolt in each wheel and they do nothing anyway. I scrounged 4 normal bolts off Craig.

If you ever buy a set of these buy a better removal tool as the supplied one is rubbish. New one below -

Da-Daaah!

Ok, so finally here’s how it sat “finished-ish”. Not the best pics but I’ll get more soon. The suspension has settled a touch more too. -

So there we have it, almost done externally. I still have the rear gurney strip to fit as I’ve mentioned. My good ole dad has prepped that for me as it came with the aerokit but looked like it had been kicked around the floor, with big chips etc.
I also have the front splitter to fit. I’ve gone for an aftermarket one as they don’t last 5 minutes. I doubt this one will even last that though, as “fragile” doesn’t even begin to describe the look of it. Grin

Then it’s off for it’s detail and I’m also having some suspension setup issues, but that’s for another day. Wink
Thanks for all the comments etc. It has spurred me on. Especially when a lot of this has been a case of “One step forward, two back”. Very Happy

Cheers, bye for now. Thumb

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 11 of 17

Jump to: