Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 4
997 : 2004- 67
996 : 1997-2005 45
993 : 1993-1998 7
964 : 1989-1993 1
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 1
Early 911 : 1964-1977 1
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 17
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 12
Macan : 2014- 3
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 5
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

v8fettler
Trainee

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently looking for a Turbo, and to be completely honest, because I'm new to 911's, I'd steer clear of anything other than what's available standard.
I'm also very against using any parts which whilst might be official Porsche parts, but that does not belong to that car, i.e. the Wing and the Smile. I just wouldn't want to have that conversation once I'd bought it, where I'm having to explain why it's got various other model hints.

You've done the perfect thing which is enjoy the vehicle how you want, which involves changing things, but you've kept the originals. Well done.

The very first Porsche I went to look at years ago was a hotchpotch of allsorts of parts, so much so, the seller couldn't even tell me which model it began life as, so I quickly left!

I've just been to view a car this weekend gone, and even though it's not got any aftermarket parts on, because the wheels have been refurbed so poorly, I've just written it off. If they don't care enough to get the simple things right, what else have they ignored...

What I'm getting at is that it only takes a little sour taste to put someone off, especially if it's a purchase of significance, which cars at this value would regularly be I imagine. So put it back to standard, sell the parts on to others on here, I'm sure it'll cause you less headaches, and put more notes in your pocket, however temporarily they stay there!

Boba fett
Albert Park

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

v8fettler wrote:
I'm currently looking for a Turbo, and to be completely honest, because I'm new to 911's, I'd steer clear of anything other than what's available standard.
I'm also very against using any parts which whilst might be official Porsche parts, but that does not belong to that car, i.e. the Wing and the Smile. I just wouldn't want to have that conversation once I'd bought it, where I'm having to explain why it's got various other model hints.

You've done the perfect thing which is enjoy the vehicle how you want, which involves changing things, but you've kept the originals. Well done.

The very first Porsche I went to look at years ago was a hotchpotch of allsorts of parts, so much so, the seller couldn't even tell me which model it began life as, so I quickly left!

I've just been to view a car this weekend gone, and even though it's not got any aftermarket parts on, because the wheels have been refurbed so poorly, I've just written it off. If they don't care enough to get the simple things right, what else have they ignored...

What I'm getting at is that it only takes a little sour taste to put someone off, especially if it's a purchase of significance, which cars at this value would regularly be I imagine. So put it back to standard, sell the parts on to others on here, I'm sure it'll cause you less headaches, and put more notes in your pocket, however temporarily they stay there!

LOL - Its a 993 for you surely ??

To the OP you will have trouble reversing the smile grill, but you have the basis of a very easy car to sell.

Just a few nuts and bolts (and a bumper) and it will be back and appealing to socks and sandals.

Are the wheels OE it might be the pictures but yours don't look as concave on the rears as mine ?

Jason Taylor
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Boba fett"]
v8fettler wrote:

To the OP you will have trouble reversing the smile grill, but you have the basis of a very easy car to sell.

Just a few nuts and bolts (and a bumper) and it will be back and appealing to socks and sandals.

Are the wheels OE it might be the pictures but yours don't look as concave on the rears as mine ?

I think a second hand front pu is approx £250 and £200 to paint and fit, when the time comes I will get this done along with reversing all of the other mods. Good spot, the wheels aren't OE, I like the look so put on a set of replicas which, contrary to what people say I can't feel any difference in how the car feels, I don't however drive it on the ragged edge as I am not a good enough driver to do so, the original wheels were taken off, 2 were refurbed before being put into storage.
I think a black on black 997.1 turbo coupe with a manual box should attract some attention given the lack of cars of this type on the market in the spring, hopefully.

easternjets
Suzuka

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will sell that car in a heart beat, especially around about March/April.
Porsche 928 S4
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera 1985

Jason Taylor
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've finally got round to selling the car (I'll list it next week), I've reversed all the mods with the exception of the smile grill, the rear spoiler has been refurbished as the rams were leaking which I'm told is a common fault (£1000 I didn't plan on spending) it has however come back from the garage with a tpms error which will be recitified on Wednesday, I suppose my question is how much do the collective feel I should list it at? It has 75k miles on it now, tyres, brakes and clutch all done relatively recently (mileage wise), what are your thoughts guys?

Cheers

stuttgartmetal
Indianapolis

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the figure you had in mind ?
Taking the mods off will have little difference IMO

Private sale, less than fifty.
The nearer forty two you get, the quicker it will sell.
The price will be on a sliding scale
That is inversionally proportional to the the number of "innit"s you are about to hear.
I'd recommend buying a cheap payg mobile for the ad.
What's the lowest you'll take mate?
Are you intrested in a Mfree that is totally wicked ?
I need to let my man look at it Bruv, I'll be back in an half an hour

Nice house mate.
Any chance of a coffee?

Etcetc

Give it to someone SOR

T8
General
General

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Taylor wrote:

.... I suppose my question is how much do the collective feel I should list it at? It has 75k miles on it now, tyres, brakes and clutch all done relatively recently (mileage wise), what are your thoughts guys?

I'd start at £47,500.

GLWTS
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual

Boba fett
Albert Park

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got to be £50k Thumb

Zingari
Donnington
Donnington

1993 Porsche 964 Anniversary

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boba fett wrote:
Got to be £50k Thumb

I'm waiting for v8fettler's valuation given the car has been 'messed about with' Rolling Eyes

Bad luck on the spoiler rams as I believe there is a cheaper fix available. However spending the full price on the fix will stand you in good stead with the socks and sandals brigade Thumb

Cood luck with the sale chum.

Desert Dragon
Monza

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zingari wrote:
Boba fett wrote:
Got to be £50k Thumb

I'm waiting for v8fettler's valuation given the car has been 'messed about with' Rolling Eyes

Bad luck on the spoiler rams as I believe there is a cheaper fix available. However spending the full price on the fix will stand you in good stead with the socks and sandals brigade Thumb

Cood luck with the sale chum.

I do not doubt it will make on or around £50k but thats madness when you consider how easy it is to spend £10k + on routine odds and sods on one of these quite easily over a 12 month period. Thats not bad compared to what you might have to spend on say a well used 599 or F355 etc.

GLWTS thumbsup

Jason Taylor
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys

I think I'll list it just under 50k and see what the response is, I'm happy to deal with the buyers, I quite enjoy the process if I'm honest. I don't think I'd like to add up the costs of what's been spent on the car over the years but it's a small price to pay for the feeling you get when you see the car on the drive after being cleaned.

DP911

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Taylor wrote:
Cheers guys

I think I'll list it just under 50k and see what the response is, I'm happy to deal with the buyers, I quite enjoy the process if I'm honest. I don't think I'd like to add up the costs of what's been spent on the car over the years but it's a small price to pay for the feeling you get when you see the car on the drive after being cleaned.

Car looks mint mate, I'm new to Porsche ownership & just taking on a 997 Carrera to get the feel for the car if I was in the market for a turbo your's looks awesome.

Good luck with the sale tho I'm sure you'll get a good offer these things are so sought after.

basildon993
Montreal

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well the cheapest manual 997 Turbo on Pistonheads at the moment is on for £49,995. If I were selling it I would be advertising it for somewhere in the low £50k zone to gauge the market. You can always come down on price!
ex Chevrolet Camaro IROC Z Manual

Ronam2012
Trainee

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jason Taylor wrote:
I've finally got round to selling the car (I'll list it next week), I've reversed all the mods with the exception of the smile grill, the rear spoiler has been refurbished as the rams were leaking which I'm told is a common fault (£1000 I didn't plan on spending) it has however come back from the garage with a tpms error which will be recitified on Wednesday, I suppose my question is how much do the collective feel I should list it at? It has 75k miles on it now, tyres, brakes and clutch all done relatively recently (mileage wise), what are your thoughts guys?

Cheers

Who did you get to refurb the spoiler rams?

marconorth
Monza

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ronam2012 wrote:
Jason Taylor wrote:

Cheers

D & G Porsche Indy North Sheilds.
I saw your car there when i was in having a couple of jobs done on May 2nd Jason. Great lads to deal with arn't they 👌🏼

Jason Taylor
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marconorth wrote:
Ronam2012 wrote:
Jason Taylor wrote:

Cheers

D & G Porsche Indy North Sheilds.
I saw your car there when i was in having a couple of jobs done on May 2nd Jason. Great lads to deal with arn't they 👌🏼

Yes, d and g, they were actually sent to Belgium to a company who do the Refurb, my car also needed a new harness plus a couple of hours labour hence the 1k bill, but they are guaranteed for 5 years, I could have got away with replacing just the seals for around £500 all in but it was reckoned they may only last a few months so I decided to have the full Refurb, although I'm selling the car I like to sleep on a night, hence the visit to d and g in the first place

Jason Taylor
Nürburgring

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Shameless ad plug!! Reply with quote

As per the title really, finally gone live on pistonheads:

£49,500

MOD EDIT: Links to 3rd party adverts are not allowed.

Why not use the 911uk free classifieds facility Question

apollokre1d
Indianapolis

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pictures look good, best of luck with the sale.

HSC911
Sepang

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

apollokre1d wrote:
Pictures look good, best of luck with the sale.

I disagree.

Out of focus, too much 'noise' in the background...

sorry, just trying to help. Embarassed

Thumb

apollokre1d
Indianapolis

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair point about the background but the pics of car looked fine and in focus on my pc Smile

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: