Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Idiots guide to replacing spoiler wall

highway

Mexico City
Is there a video that, Gump style, shows how to remove then fit a new spoiler curtain? I've heard it's 'easy' and fancy trying to swap mine.

Its an engine out job :nooo: This allows the owner to bemoan how much he has spent on his 993 :thumb:

It is really pretty easy, the hardest bit is getting your head around how it actually connects together.

I did it when I had the deck lid removed (which is very easy to do by the way) which makes it easier again.

Some of the pics on my journal may help

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=82158&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=346

The ironic thing is a lot of 993's are driving around with these split and the owners don't realise :hand: The side effect is a mucky engine bay :eek:

Ps don't forget to check you have all of the plastic bump stops fitted on top of the engine bay nuts :grin:

My first one took know me about 2 hours following that video, removing the spoiler and greasing things up etc. Got covered in grease and so did the back of the car. Found it really fiddly and frustrating.

Changed it a second time a few weeks ago. Took 5 minutes without taking the spoiler off and without any grease. It's really easy if you know how it works and which bits to connect first.

Have you got a narrow body car?

Where do you live? Don't suppose you're near Cambridge?

:hand: Just be mindful it's Highway doing this job. The 'engine tidy strip' was project managed by a PRINCE2 qualified tech and subject to quality control.

If you imagine trying to do this wearing boxing gloves you'll get my drift :grin:

If everything fails black duct tape does the job to patch up the splits :whistle:

Unfortunately Zingari's comments are riddled with the truth. Whilst my fists are made of the honey roast stuff, my dad is made of sterner stuff. In the absence of everyone's favourite Christian, I'm minded to take a pop at sorting this on a rainy afternoon.

Thanks for the links.

Holding an umbrella whilst attempting to do this one handed.... thats the spirit :thumb:

Ignore Zingari, he is a glass half empty type of guy :grin:

If you do decide to have a go at this, please let me come and video it. We could syndicate the footage on YouTube and You've Been Framed and make enough to buy that 997 SC that Hexagon Modern Classics have for sale. :floor: :floor:

Millomboy said:
If you do decide to have a go at this, please let me come and video it. We could syndicate the footage on YouTube and You've Been Framed and make enough to buy that 997 SC that Hexagon Modern Classics have for sale. :floor: :floor:

Better still, flog tickets to watch the great event. Happy to do the merchandising with "I was there . . " T-shirts etc . . .
:thumb:

We could hire a stand, BBQ, band, St.Johns Ambulance, etc... sounds great :thumb:

If there's a group trip to watch Highway do this... I'm IN. :popcorn:

Can this top oil down the (wizard's) sleeve during the oil change :what:

Please let me know the dates and I'll book the week off work.

I should start a countdown thread showing images of tenuously linked items till I attempt the job. But I won't. Instead I'll moan that the video (linked earlier) is a highlights reel,at best. I needed the full hand holding, talk me off the roof top experience.

As such, this is at yet unattempted.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LB_85
Back