Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Strut brace advice - Rennline, Porsche, perfect power?

pietrzj

All,

I need a brace. The genuine porsche strut is 80-90 quid more expensive than the 2 point rennline (and thats with a discount). Is it worth the difference?

What is the fit like with teh rennline?

Can I put the carpet over the top of these bars instead of cutting it?

I want to use the original 2 strut bolts rather than drilling the body alongside like the fabspeed strut fixing (though thats out of my price bracket anyway).

any comments welcome

Jan

I have the Perfect Power strut brace and, to my knowledge, it's the only one that goes under the carpet.

If interested, you could email them to see if they have availability:

[email protected]

I brought it back from the US. If shipping to the UK, it could work out expensive with duty etc. It was $325 including shipping within the US.

I use a Steve Wang one from the States it's a very good copy of the RS one.
Also using RS carpet so no need to cut trunk liner which you would have to do with most if not all strut braces. They do work because a bolt was left untightened by a mechanic and it knocked over every bump, took me ages to locate it. Originally thought it was a strut bearing (Monoball RS mount)

Attachments

• img_0060_result_149.jpg
    img_0060_result_149.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 9,113
I can't recall what mine is unfortunately but it bolted straight up under the carpet with no cutting of anything . Don't think I'd have fitted one which needs butchery.

Rennline brace fits fine under carpet, I installed one this week.

The Ruf strut brace fits under the carpet, you would never know it's there.

The OMP one also fits under the carpet, and is probably the lowest price. Well made and noticed a slight difference (albeit marginal)

I got the Perfect Power item for mine as I wanted it to be low key. Low key is exactly what I got as it just vanishes in the luggage comp.

Lovely piece of kit and extremely well made. Much better than the majority I've seen that wouldn't get to grace my P&J :nooo:

Details and pics here on my old post: http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=57130&postdays=0&postorder=asc

What Dom said - after seeing his post previously about the Perfect Power strut brace, I searched far and wide for a new one without any success :sad:

I had my heart set on exactly that design so sourced a new Ruf strut brace as I believe they are identical in design and function.

In my opinion (as Dom has already said) this strut brace is very in keeping with the design of the 993 and I can't stop pulling the boot carpet up and looking at it! :nooo:

I wouldn't get too worked up though, at the end of the day you could just weld up your own out of a bit of box section mild steel and fix it to the strut tops with bolts and it would do the same job regardless. You are just assisting in stiffening the chassis flex which is minimal. If you can get one to fit without butchery it's an advantage obviously.

mohitos said:
I have the Perfect Power strut brace and, to my knowledge, it's the only one that goes under the carpet.

If interested, you could email them to see if they have availability:

[email protected]

I brought it back from the US. If shipping to the UK, it could work out expensive with duty etc. It was $325 including shipping within the US.

I emailed them today. I think I will choose between
Perfect power (nice low profile and good quality)
Genuine Porsche (originality and quality)
Steve wong (cheaper than Porsche)

The RUF/Perfect Power one is the nicest IMHO. If we could find a way to lower the import costs...

Well, perfect power have got back to me. $300 (£240) plus postage, so I ghink this will turn out to be more expensive than a genuine Porsche one.

Can't find any Steve Wang units and I don't like the fabspeed. So its neck and neck with the rennline and the genuine Porsche one atm.

Jan

The Perfect Power is a properly machined and well executed piece. Arguably nicer looking and better made than a 'genuine' Porsche one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back