Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mobile Phone Holder?

Mr Scruff

I've just removed my centre console to free up some much needed legroom, but am struggling to find somewhere to put my phone now.

I have a line-in which I use to play music, but also a bluetooth phone connection so ideally I'd like to be able to see the screen too. Does anyone have an elegant solution to holding a mobile without:

a) Sticking it to the screen (not a fan of that)
b) Drilling holes in anything?

I've got a long trip planned in the summer and don't want to travel without music.

You can but non slip holders that look like a mini bean bag and sit on the dash, the phone simply sits on it so no danger of any damage. You can also buy holders that stick to the dash, mini cab drivers use them a lot

I use a Kenu Airframe phone holder for an iPhone in my 996. It grips securely on to the air vent above the PCM, where it's easily visible for Waze or controlling bluetooth music, and can be rotated for either portrait or landscape orientation. It was about £16 from Amazon IIRC.

Cheers,
Pete

this is the one is saw mentioned in here and I bought one off the back of it

http://cdslotmount.com/

generally works well, except when driving spiritedly round corners or over cobbles when it's prone to falling out the cd slot (i have the factory satnav, 2003 C4)

Jon

I've ordered the non-smoker/ashtray delete part in order to create a new cubby to compensate for losing the one beneath the stereo. You could run the line-in to that I reckon?

pete_d said:
I use a Kenu Airframe phone holder for an iPhone in my 996. It grips securely on to the air vent above the PCM, where it's easily visible for Waze or controlling bluetooth music, and can be rotated for either portrait or landscape orientation. It was about £16 from Amazon IIRC.

Cheers,
Pete

+1

The kenu Airframe is easily the best of all the air vent holders.

Dammit said:
I've ordered the non-smoker/ashtray delete part in order to create a new cubby to compensate for losing the one beneath the stereo. You could run the line-in to that I reckon?

Yeah easy to route it through. I've got a double fat ipod cable that routes through under the centre console to the back of my armrest

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've not seen the cd slot holder before, worth looking into I think. Only worry would be whether it could damage the cd mechanism?

I actually find the ashtray really useful! I tend to take the security panel off the stereo when I park as otherwise the Bluetooth drains the battery (admittedly over a period of days) and it fits in there perfectly. Still, not aware of the non-smoker part you mention so will investigate further.

Oh the joys of trying to get (slightly more) modern kit into older cars.

X4AJRN said:
pete_d said:

Cheers,
Pete

+1

The kenu Airframe is easily the best of all the air vent holders.

I have the kenu airframe+ (fits larger phones) in my car.. simple & descreet.

But I needed something quickly :lol:
Porsche didn't have an offering so it was a case of improvise :floor:
Just saying :p

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back