Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looked at cayman S

ipsl

Hi guys looked at a cayman S AT THE WEEKEND 3.4L 2006 ceramic brakes lots of extras.Are there any ims problems or bore skore on this model?Any advice :?

you need to get in touch with kimbo. on here.

I believe he went for the 2.7 as its a better unit, without the issues.

Tons of threads on here, including my own. Have a read.

Nice touch with the PCCB stoppers though! Make sure they are in tip top condition though, as they cost thousands to replace if keeping OEM.

ipsl said:
Hi guys looked at a cayman S AT THE WEEKEND 3.4L 2006 ceramic brakes lots of extras.Are there any ims problems or bore skore on this model?Any advice :?

Ceramic Brakes ey, awesome. I'll save you some time...
JonBoy2000 said:
Looks like I am reawakening an old thread but, what did you go for in the end?

I drive a 2006 Cayman S Manual.

It's got:
19 inch Carara S wheels
Sports Chrono Pack (PASM, PSM, Re-maps the Throttle)
PCM 2.1 entertainment system
6 Speed Manual.

I use it as a daily drive to do school runs, shopping, commuting, track days - all sorts.

The only issues I have had with it so far is that one of the 02 sensors on the cat was loose and rattling and I now have to replace the water pump.
The 02 sensor was a 5 minute job, to tighten free of charge, at my local exhaust centre and the water pumps are considered pretty much consumable items on these cars.

The car has covered just shy of 80k, no smoke, doesn't burn oil. Considering this, I don't think a new water pump is too much to ask really is it!

You won't get the best mileage with one of these, that's just not going to happen and I highly doubt you'l get anywhere near the manufacturers claimed MPG. Besides most journeys start off with the best will in the world but that right foot soon gets heavier...

Don't listen to all of the rubbish spouted all over the internet about IMS bearings and bore scoring. When you look for a car, look for one that has been obviously looked after, has not been a garage queen and, if you are really worried, get an inspection done and factor this into your budget.

Looking up pretty much any search term such as "engine rattle porsche" on the internet is a bit like looking up "strange lump" or "breathlessness". You'll pretty much convince yourself that you either have cancer or heart problems and descend into a blind panic and a self-fulfilling prophecy. There are too many unqualified people behind keyboards giving sketchy opinions based on other inaccurate pinons people have published online.

My biggest gripe with this car, by a long stretch is the fact that the PCM2.1 entertainment thingy does not come with Bluetooth connectivity for your phone or music and there is not even an aux in anywhere to be found.

Looked atcayman S

Thanks for all the info guys i do have a 993turbo for the last 11 years and maybe thinking of moving on.Just a bit worried on stuff what i have read?Its a lovely looking car full opc history 54k on the clock,3.4L ,2006,so will look at the car on saturday,its up for 17K..... IS THAT GOOD.Cheerrs for the advice :) OH is the 2.7 better?

What options does it have? I paid more than that in November for an S with similar miles. But mine had all the driver's toys and a very good provenance.

LOTS of extras ie wheels,spoiler and vents silver colour coded sports exhaust,will find out more on saturday also yellow cer/discs etc.Will let you no.....

Good luck with the car.. I saw it advertised as well, it's a shame it doesn't have heated seats..

It does look nice in blue, I've probably looked at the advert 10 times this week already in my decision making regarding cars to look at this weekend..

Hi is this the car in fleet?Looks good in the flesh.....

I am also currently looking for a Cayman S. This one looks great and at £17k when compared to others with similar mileages and spec is probably priced about right..

There are cheaper cars around but they have either higher mileage or less options. It depends what's important to you.

There is a lovely Cayman S for sale on the BCA website. It's a 2006 car with 6k miles! Auction this thursday in Nottingham.

Also, in the same sale, a 2003 Boxter with 6k miles!

Hope they both get good new owners, if I didnt have so many cars already, I'd be there.

Cheers, Keith.

Re: Looked atcayman S

ipsl said:
Thanks for all the info guys i do have a 993turbo for the last 11 years and maybe thinking of moving on.Just a bit worried on stuff what i have read?Its a lovely looking car full opc history 54k on the clock,3.4L ,2006,so will look at the car on saturday,its up for 17K..... IS THAT GOOD.Cheerrs for the advice :) OH is the 2.7 better?

Did you take another look at the car in the end?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back