Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 CAT Driver Training

cambjones

I did the CAT Driver Training day a few years ago and really enjoyed it.

My wife has always wanted to do it and I'd love her to get some enjoyment out of the car so I give her a CAT DT session for Christmas.

I've just spoken to Jo and she's getting the calendar together for this year and she thinks the 10th of June might be a day she reserves for 911UK. She's going to confirm next week.

When I did the training I did it with all 993.. I think about 6 of us.

If anyone's interested in a 993 day let me know and I can propose to Jo.

Otherwise I'm sure there'll be 6 with all 911 variants

Here are some pics from the last event.. (where we could take pics)

Like Cameron, I did one of these with just a group of 993's.
I can only give high praise to the day, Jo, Colin and Paul, and would recommend any of the newer 993 owners who have never done this, to invest the money in the day.

BEST MONEY (other than HiD lights!) I'VE SPENT SINCE I GOT THE CAR (mainly as I am the weakest link in the driving!).

It is incredible what the cars are capable of!!

Hi Cameron,

I'd be interested in a 993 day. I did a session with Colin before taking my car on trackdays and found his teaching style perfect. I also arranged an overgrip course for my wife and her friend which they found useful as they drive powerful rwd cars.

Thanks!

I have also done it and it was a very enjoyable and instructive day ........ It could well have been on the same group day as Rob as it wasn't on Cams day.

I did their drift day in the Caterham which was hilarious fun, a full afternoon drifting round cones in a ridiculously quick and well set up car. Colin is a star!

Hello all,

My wife bought me a Performance Driving Course with CAT Driver Training for my birthday next month. I've not booked it in yet, so would be great to go with some other 993 drivers.

I'm very excited as I'm definitely the weak spot in the car's performance! Perhaps as a precursor to a track day?

:) :) :) :) :)

SecondWind said:
Hello all,

My wife bought me a Performance Driving Course with CAT Driver Training for my birthday next month. I've not booked it in yet, so would be great to go with some other 993 drivers.

I'm very excited as I'm definitely the weak spot in the car's performance! Perhaps as a precursor to a track day?

993s? on a trackday? how very dare you ! :hand:

I've also just been to see Wayne at Chipwizards in preparation....

The car is transformed. He also found another 50BHP. :lol: :lol:

10th of June would work for me - but would be even better as OP says if we can do a day with 993s.

ChrisT70 said:
SecondWind said:
Hello all,

I have seen quite a few at the Goodwood charity event ....... included mine on a couple of occasions ....... :dont know:

How remiss of me not to start a list!

By the way I believe we need 6 for CAT DT to hold the special day and cost is £400. I'm not sure if that is inc VAT.

Interest in a Porsche CAT DT (Date to be confirmed - target June)
1. Cameron's wife Elisabeth
2. Sutton
3. SecondWind

madalaa said:
ChrisT70 said:
SecondWind said:
Hello all,

I have seen quite a few at the Goodwood charity event ....... included mine on a couple of occasions ....... :dont know:

People getting wary of tracking the cars as the values creep ever upward that's all :)
I had mine on Blyton once, very capable cars !

........ they like a good thrashing ...... and the track here in the UK is about the only place it can be done ....... my car always feels so much better when it has been "worked" hard ....... as did my first air-cooled ....... which was a 1955 Beetle ....... :)

madalaa said:
and the track here in the UK is about the only place it can be done .......

Nope . . .

:grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back