Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Remove 'diesel' badges

coopertrooper2001

I want to remove the 'diesel' badges on the wings of my 2016 Cayenne. Can anyone confirm if these are just stick on rather than their being holes in the wing to hold them on?

Ta.

coopertrooper2001 said:
I want to remove the 'diesel' badges on the wings of my 2016 Cayenne. Can anyone confirm if these are just stick on rather than their being holes in the wing to hold them on?

Ta.

Hi did you do this thinking about doing the same

Hi, I had dealer debadge everything, painted Porsche lettering on rear platinum satin to match wheels, fairly straightforward job but was done pre purchase at request

When I ordered my SD Macan I asked for the side badges to be removed, looks better imo

I did this to my Cayenne , removing side badges only .....

They are stick on , quite well stuck on but use the following method :

1. Soak a piece of cotton wool long enough to cover the badge with a tar remover such as Autoglym or 'Autosmart tardis.place on the badge and leave to saturate in behind the badge.
2. Remove cotton wool
3. Using a 200mm piece of fishing line gently 'floss' behind the badge from left to right ( or opposite ) until it is easily removed.
4. The badge adhesive will have left a residue behind which might show the 'diesel' image on the panel.
5. Clean the residue off with tar remover until all removed.
6.Polish the area / panel until gleaming .

Job done .......and much cleaner lines afterwards

Terry

just use dental floss. seriously !
remove any adhesive residue with IPA and polish up if the surround paint is noticeably duller than below the badge

david_yorkshire said:
just use dental floss. seriously !
remove any adhesive residue with IPA and polish up if the surround paint is noticeably duller than below the badge

Hmm...Is that not what i said but in step format ??

(BTW .... I tried the dental floss and it didnt work , not tough enough ..)

:?: :)

I've got a good idea, how about using some dental floss, you know the strong stuff and if that doesn't work then maybe some fishing line. Then slide it behind the badge to prise it off and if there's any adhesive residue left just use a Brillo pad or sand paper to remove it. :grin:

I'd borrow the wife's hair drier for 10 minutes. A bit of gentle heat over the badge will soften the adhesive underneath. Hey presto - off it pops. Probably.... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back