Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electric Seat Issue 3.2 911

gazzahazza

Afternoon All,

hopefully another issue that somebody will have a few helpful suggestions to help cure. When I purchased my 1986 911 3.2 RHD model car both electric front seats were faulty. The problem was a broken switch on either seat. I have managed to fix the drivers one as fortunately the switch that operates the forward/backward movement wasn't the affected one. However, it is a different story on the passenger side, the forward/backward movement switch is the broken one. The head of the switch is broken off leaving just a stump of immovable plastic. Reading the manual I should have been able to move the seat in this situation by using a winder on the seat motor "gearbox" but unfortunately the plastic gears are stripped and that wont move the seat either. Obviously I am a little concerned as the ECU and DME relay live under it and in the event that i need to get to them I am snookered. So has anybody had any experience of similar and found a way to shift the seat so I can get to its guts and change the faulty switch? I am thinking about trying to hotwire the seat motor but not sure how that will go. Has anybody got one of the switches to function temporarily in a broken state by using a workaround?

Cheers

GH

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back