Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacement battery 997.2 GT3 RS

Schmartinrs

Good evening,
I would appreciate some advice concerning replacing the battery on my Car.
The battery fitted is a lightweight lithium type which has discharged after a few weeks.
according to the user manual the lithium battery will not perform well under extreme conditions, that's correct in my case as the car is stored in the pirinees mountains, oh yes it's cold here
To cut a long story short I have purchased a lead acid battery for winter use, my question is:
Fitting is straightforward, but will I need to reset anything i.e. Windows, radio etc etc, if so can anyone give me some advice.

Attachments

• img_0288_141.jpg
    img_0288_141.jpg
    254.9 KB · Views: 2,442
You should just be able to swap it over without any issues. If you get an error in the instrument cluster about PASM or anything like that then it ought to automatically clear if you just briefly drive it faster than walking pace.

Leave the key in the ign or the alarm will go off and deafen you!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back