Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2017 Porsche Predictions

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
Right then, lets be having your crystal ball predictions of what will possibly happen in the world of Porsche in 2017

1. 991.2 GT3 with a Manual Gearbox
2. Overall Le Mans 2017 Victory for Porsche

3. Special Edition 991.2 launched, limited numbers for favoured customers only
4. Special Edition 991.2 sells in used market for £450k
5. Continuation 911 RS built, using chassis numbers allocated in '73 but never previously built
6. 6 cylinder engine reintroduced for Boxster/Cayman

Would love to see a GT2 but I don't suppose there is any need when they cant build the GT3 RS quick enough!

....... the new flat four turbo will not be to the customers liking .....consequently with a drop in sales ....... :?:

:dont know:

I predict 20% price increase on all new cars blamed on Brexit of course :eh!:

Would love to see the Boxster engine changed back to a flat 6 but I don't see it happening. They could fit the 911 engine in it as it's been proven to fit now. But that would never happen either. Now that both non S and S have the same engine they can't take the lower power one and fit that as it will effectively mean one engine in both cars.

My own prediction is Cayman GT4RS with GT3 engine and manual gearbox

Porsche will make lots of special editions as BMW are doing so they can make lots of money.

What will sell cars, they will make. Its business.

11) New 5 Series BMW-sized 4 seater saloon announced called the Mistral (or some other exotic wind)

New997buyer said:
11) New 5 Series BMW-sized 4 seater saloon announced called the Mistral (or some other exotic wind)

Having eaten a chicken jalfrezi this evening, I have some pretty exotic wind going on too :eek:

1, Porsche designers finally design the front bumper with outlets for leaves and debris to be exited before the condenser collection box.
2, Someone in Porsche finally hears the words January Sale, Summer Sale etc
3, Porsche finally release the Boxster or Cayman's full potential and admit it's better than a 911
4, Porsche upgrade cylinder liners made from Thorntons to Green and Blacks :grin:
5, Porsche finally apply a chip resistant coating to bonnet and bumper :grin:

That's enough day dreaming :floor:

Well we have a Carrera/S/GTS liine-up so why not a Turbo/S/GTS line-up too?

~ Maxie

DynoMike said:
New997buyer said:

Having eaten a chicken jalfrezi this evening, I have some pretty exotic wind going on too :eek:

:floor:

Jalfrezi GTS......or Jalfrezi Turbo........ :?: :grin:

Porsche will eventually step up to the plate and compensate all the owners who have suffered an IMS bearing failure after admitting it was a design fault!

Sports Classic released.

I agree about GT4RS but I don't think it will get a NA GT3 engine though.

isysman said:
My own prediction is Cayman GT4RS with GT3 engine and manual gearbox

Flat 4 turbo pushing 410hp would be much more likely all things considered.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back