Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 991.2 Carrera 4S

fouress

Having taken on board a huge amount of information and advice from this website I thought it was appropriate that I would share my own experience of buying and specifying a new 991.2 C4S.

It's been a pretty drawn out process having been told my dealer in late May that I 'might' get a build slot in time for a 2016 delivery and so I paid my deposit and thankfully they came through with an early October build with delivery to the dealership in mid-November.

Specifying this car was quite agonising given the varying view points of forum contributors but in the end I went with the following:-

GT Silver Metallic
Black Leather Interior
PDK
Smoking Package
Sport Chrono
Rev Counter Dial Black
Sports Exhaust
Heated Seats
Rear Wiper
Cruise Control
Multifunction Heated Steering Wheel
Passenger Footwell Storage Net (only because it's free!!)
Porsche Dynamic Lighting System
Reversing Camera + Parking Assist Front and Rear
Electric Glass Slide/ Tilt Sunroof
Electric Folding Mirrors
Floor Mats (which should be free!!)
Bose Surround Sound System
Sports Seats Electrical 14 ways
Auto Dimming Mirrors with Rain Sensor
Privacy Glass Side and Rear
20" Carrera Sport Alloys
Interior Deviated Stitching in Rhodium Silver

First thing I would say is around the wheels which the configurator does not do justice at all. They make the car for me and they are so easy to clean into the bargain. I pontificated over the wheel choice for a while but I'm so glad I chose these ones.

I wanted the black elements of the PDLS, the roof, the rear engine cover, side mirror lower edges and the front intakes to off-set the GT Silver and I think that works pretty well (of course I'm biased).

Unfortunately I don't have any interior shots but the silver deviated stitching really helps to lift the black interior.

When the car arrived at the dealership I did not let them touch it and it was moved to Robert at Incredible Detail Glasgow. He applied Xpel Ultimate paint protection film to the following areas:

Full Bonnet
Full Wings
Full Bumper
Wing Mirrors
Leading Edge of Roof
Full Side skirts
Rear Bumper Corners

He also included an extra piece on the rear gloss black section of the roof behind the sunroof given that it scratches really easily. The remaining exposed areas of the car were coated with Gtechniq Crystal Lacquer (C1) and then all areas were further coated with Gtechniq Exo. The wheels were coated inside and out with Gtechniq Wheel Armour (C5) and then a coat of Exo. Gtechniq Clear Vision (G1) was applied to all the windows including 3 coats on the windscreen. The interior was protected with Gtechniq Leather Guard (L1) and Gtechniq Fabric Guard (I1).

Some may think this is a bit OTT but I see it as a worthy investment and it makes maintaining the cleanliness of the car so much easier.

In terms of the driving experience, for me the 991.2 rides better than the previous generation although I can't quite fathom why that would be. Road noise can still be an issue on UK surfaces but it's tolerable. Standard set-up is quite enough for me personally.

Even with PSE the noise is more subdued, it sounds great on start-up but my own feeling is that once you're underway it's much less intimidating than my 991.1. I was luke warm on the look of the twin exhausts when the car was launched but they've really grown on my and I think they look much better than non-PSE cars.

The new steering wheel is also a huge improvement as is the PCM, the PDLS I found really in my area particularly on dark wintery nights.

Only issues so far have been an over anxious front parking sensor and a small screech, from a belt I guess, on start-up when it's been really damp.

Otherwise it's a stunning car and you can't help but drive it with a permanent grin on your face.

Attachments

• img_76141_971.jpg
    img_76141_971.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 5,832
  • img_7598_li_101.jpg
    img_7598_li_101.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 5,833
  • img_7595_li_618.jpg
    img_7595_li_618.jpg
    145.5 KB · Views: 5,833
  • img_7572_793.jpg
    img_7572_793.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 5,833
  • img_7574_106.jpg
    img_7574_106.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 5,832
  • img_7603_646.jpg
    img_7603_646.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 5,832
  • img_7605_130.jpg
    img_7605_130.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 5,832
Nice :thumb:

Looks great. I see what you mean about the wheels, good choice, they really work well with the gt silver. :thumb:

Lovely car, I don't mind those wheels either :)

:worship: beautiful.

Looking forward to hearing how it compares with your previous Gen 1 car.

nigel99 said:
Looks great. I see what you mean about the wheels, good choice, they really work well with the gt silver. :thumb:

Yes I like the 5 spoke, my Targa 4S is GT silver and think I should've specked them :yes:

Hi fouress Congratulations on the 991.2 C4S My 991.2 C4S arrived late October I do agree with you on the alloys, although I may be biased having the same alloys. The dealership mentioned mine was the first 991.2 they had taken delivery on with the none blacked out versions.

I too also had the Xpel Ultimate stone chip film applied straight after handover. On my previous car I just had the front wings, full bonnet, sills, mirrors and full bumper. On the 991.2 C4S I decided to have the car fully covered, plus the detailer also covered the door sills and surrounding area which was a nice touch.

I read that your detailer also covered the lower side skirts, I did ask these do be done also but I was informed that the film can not extend over the textured paint area as the film will not adhere properly to the uneven surface. I also asked for the headlights to be covered however after reading and of problems I asked not for the lights to be covered (I later found out from the detailer that Xpel also do not recommend this treatment).

Amazing car and those wheels finish it off very well indeed.

~ Maxie :thumbs:

Stunning, great spec :thumb:

Build.

Agonising is not enough to describe configuring!
I know exactly what you went through. it's almost feels its bordering a shot in the dark, an expensive one too.
You seem very happy and I can see why, it looks great and that is all that matters in my opinion.

I think the headlights are perfect on your car, they are in sync with the wheels, IMHO.

I am having a stock white finish and standard wheels in Black gloss, so the PDLS lights and wheels in black should compliment the Glass roof, plus having the designation in black too. I think it will look great too.

A friend at another dealer was so pro the colour you chose, stated he thought is was the classic choice for the 911. Maybe, but it's my car and dosh and I'm happy. I might have changed my mind if he had offered to chip in, but he never did, so it's my choice.
We shall see when delivered soon.

Enjoy your new toy :thumb:

Thanks for all they comments.

I suppose that's the good thing about the configurator, there is something to keep everyone happy even if Porsche charge like the light brigade for the privilege!

Lovely, lovely car....have you any photos of the interior. Very interested in seeing the Interior Deviated Stitching in Rhodium Silver and for the life of me I can't seem to see the option in the configurator.....

Sorry Lasrblueexige, I didn't take any interior shots I'm afraid. You can't see the deviated stitching option on the web configurator, you'll need to see your dealer for this.

I'd recommend it if you are looking to break up the black interior, I couldn't bring myself to go for something other than black and that's why I invested in the deviated stitching.

Cost?

So, what was the cost of the DS?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back