Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

911 Car Insurance Quotes

MNC911

Hi folks, I've just completed a comparison for this years vehicles Insurance.

The Boxster and Evoque are pretty much as per normal at £300ea

However the 911 has shot up to £600 - £700

Just tried the AIB avenue but the site keeps saying 'thanks' after I enter the details, rather annoying ha ha ha

Can you shout out some insurers that you are insured with for me to try..

Thanks everyone

So...

Got a renewal quote for the 996 Turbo S from Churchill - all in with roadside assistance and protected NCD etc, it was just shy of £690.

After 10 minutes on the internet I managed to get it down to £310 on a like for like basis.... Needless to say, I have switched companies

I last paid a frankly astonishing £185 for my 4S via confused.com

Unlimited mileage, commuting, garaged.

That was v cheap compared to my other normal cars. Don't understand it, but it was the same the year before...

Try Footman James, they will insure modern "classic" Porsches if you're a member of PCGB. It will be limited mileage, but for me they're half the price of any other insurer.

My 997 turbo was £400 fully comp for 16k miles a year as my daily with Hastings this year.

Footman James wont allow any business use on a classic policy. just tried, but i dont want to be restricted if my customers on the south coast ask me to visit, im taking the bloody Porsche!!

Locktons. As recommended by PCGB.

Mine is £310 per year with General Accident

£250 with TESCO for me and my mate. Big variation sticking others on your policy. Older relatives with a clean bill have the greatest reduction. Try all the comparison sites: gocompare, comparethemeerkat, moneysupermarket, etc. They don't all use the same companies. Also try at different times of the day as some companies don't through up quotes 24/7. Usually cheaper if the car is parked on the drive and not in a garage.

"Usually cheaper if the car is parked on the drive and not in a garage."

Is that right Alex? Logic says it should be the other way around? A car parked on the drive is easier to steal (or damage) than a car locked in a secure garage, isn't it?

How confusing.

I've always been puzzled by adding another driver and how that can possibly be less risk?

I'll certainly allocate more time before my next renewal.

Cheers, Keith.

It's all down to claim statistics. There must be more claims on cars in garages (eg. Shelf collapsing or theft) than in the open on a drive. Most car theft these days is the keys being stolen out the house, regardless of where the car is parked for the night.

I try different scenarios everytime my renewal is due.

I'm with Zenith this year, £320 FC albeit with 5k mile limit.

I've found confused.com to be the best comparison site when insuring both my cars + wife's.

Something to consider is agreed value as well,

I am about to move Insurance from Admiral multi car to a agreed value policy

Admiral will pay book price only which on mine will not get me another car.

rabbitstew said:
My 997 turbo was £400 fully comp for 16k miles a year as my daily with Hastings this year.

Did you have any business/work/commuting allowed? I tried but they wouldn't do Business use at all.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back