Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Key Remote Fobs Respray DIY

alpinaB3

Since the arrival of my new Porsche I have been wanting to have the key fob the same colour as the car being Sapphire blue.

Searching on the web I can only find the genuine Porsche items at over £109 per keyfob which is hard to justify the expenditure. However the various copies that are available on e-bay are not in the correct blue, so I decided to buy some of these clone copies from e-bay and some Halfords aerosol plastic grey primer and some aerosol car paint matched to Sapphire blue plus a can of clear lacquer.

The aerosol paint all in for £24 plus the clone moulding were £7 for a pair (P&P from China)

I am very pleased with the result. The clone moulding are a very good fit indeed with no miss match gaps etc.

The tedious bit was sanding them down to the original plastic, then spraying them with multiple coats.

I would recommend this approach if you do not want to spend over £100 the results I think are worth it. and I still have paint to spare!

The paint is a good match to the car as well, the only noticeable difference is the metallic fleck in the paint is smaller from the aerosol paint.

( I did an extra pair as backup).

32000153445_3ec28912bf_b.jpg

Looks like a great job well done :thumb:

very nice job , :worship: got me wondering what the 997 fob would look like colour coded , love finding a new mod :grin: :thumb:

Excellent! fair play.

I thought giving my newly painted key fobs some protection, so got me one of these, a Porsche key pouch in leather!

The key fob now has its own garage!

32402592061_3b29795047_b.jpg

31712730633_1fcb31f944_b.jpg

Complements the leather wallet very as well I think :)

31712731123_0fac58b70e_b.jpg

Erm :?:

I don't think you've actually saved anything in the long run :dont know:

GT4 said:
Erm :?:

I don't think you've actually saved anything in the long run :dont know:

I bought the leather pouch on e-bay, it was a bargain and the quality is very good so I think its genuine, even the outer packaging and label looked genuine. If I bought from Porsche directly I would have been looking at over £330 for 2 paired sets of painted mouldings and leather pouch. Cost me less than £60 total including the paint mouldings (3 paired sets) and leather pouch!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back