Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Show us your winter Porsche photos

isysman

Seeing as it's that time of year and the weather is offering some photo opportunities for those who use their cars in this weather and leave them outside!

Maybe I'll be the only one who posts but here goes! :D

The first so above I took this afternoon, third was a few weeks ago but this one is from 2010, my first Boxster

No snow, ice or traffic! :) Boxing day in the Fens at 0715 hrs was simply glorious!

8 degrees at 8am here so not very 'winter'

20161230_081238_HDR_zpsywbwcj9t.jpg

Wow my car was covered in ice yesterday which never thawed all day! Never got over 2 degrees here.

Frosty morning here a few weeks ago ...

Attachments

• image_881.jpeg
    image_881.jpeg
    144.2 KB · Views: 4,565
  • image_758.jpeg
    image_758.jpeg
  • image_784.jpeg
    image_784.jpeg
The closest mine get to the cold is a wintery landscape to look at ;)

ELA said:
The closest mine get to the cold is a wintery landscape to look at ;)

Even your 996? I must admit my 911 is wrapped up for the winter now, although it would have never come out had it not needed to be taken for work in November/December.

isysman said:
Even your 996? I must admit my 911 is wrapped up for the winter now, although it would have never come out had it not needed to be taken for work in November/December.

The 996 even more so! I have worked tirelessly to try and create something I see as very special. More blood, sweat, tears and late nights into this project than anything I would wish on my worse enemy. It is the culmination of years spent working in Engineering, building track cars, and just generally playing with mechanical systems going back to Meccano in childhood. This car is my first thought in the morning and the last thing I think about before going to bed. So yeah; even my 996

ELA said:
isysman said:

The 996 even more so! I have worked tirelessly to try and create something I see as very special. More blood, sweat, tears and late nights into this project than anything I would wish on my worse enemy. It is the culmination of years spent working in Engineering, building track cars, and just generally playing with mechanical systems going back to Meccano in childhood. This car is my first thought in the morning and the last thing I think about before going to bed. So yeah; even my 996

Great to use them as they should be ... All year round ....!,

I'm looking for winter tyres for mine ...

Terry

Bit nippier this morning.

20170102_082324_HDR_zpsrs4psrmr.jpg

Mine has been sat with frost on it most of Christmas but I did get a chance to take it to the Peak District on New Years Eve for a blast and to get it dirty before a big night out in that area.

Roads were greasy and I was getting both under and oversteer but the roads were still great although I had to consider when was the correct time for full throttle out of a bend.

Couple of pics taken in beautiful Scotland from three years ago, back when I had the GTS.

Attachments

• scotland_autumn_2013_068_754.jpg
    scotland_autumn_2013_068_754.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 4,192
  • scotland_autumn_2013_072_385.jpg
    scotland_autumn_2013_072_385.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 4,192

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member