Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WBAC and my wifes cayenne

vroomvroom

After haggling with the Mrs for a year, I've now got her into a new car (one of those killer lease deals - BMW x3 20d M sport...... for the price of a couple big mac meals a day)...so I can now use the funds tied up in her old car to help fund my own next car upgrade

Anyway need out of her cayenne, low miles/ owners, lovely spec.....however will shortly need service, tyres, a few small paint chips fixing etc .........cant be bothered with all the prep and then face "private buyer man"

So I have been to see the man at WBAC (only 6 miles from my house and nice fella).

Online offer was £28,700 after 30 minute inspection this was chipped down by £900.....a few extra more marks, rear tyres being at limit (between 1.6mm and 2mm), and MOT being only 3 weeks and not 1 to 2 months as marked by me.

£27,800 (after admin fee) - sound ok ???

thoughts ????

I'll keep the details brief to avoid this being an ad.....The car is a two owner car (my wife is the second owner), Is done about 31,000 miles, registered new on 25/1/2012 its a 61 plate car, silver with black leather

It has been serviced 3 times by Porsche......total over £13k of extras

I'd say the first price and that's been knocked after inspection with magnetometer and Colini Stick :what:

That said I was offered £28k by OPC against a Cayman last June - 2012 3.0D 49k (4yr big service done) with Air Susp/Pan roof/14 way comfort memory seats/Sat Nav/Phone and a shed load of other extras.

I've since learnt the only extras that count are Sat Nav and Roof, everything else is at your cost :nooo:

I was told mine would retail for 36 bags after they changed all the tyres and cleared the stone chips. Need less to say I didn't trade but ended up selling it 5 months later for a few bags more than the OPC offer, ironically to a national network that includes OPC in the group :roll: Deal done over the phone :grin: Let's just say I was fed up with dreamers offering silly money over the phone. It was quite entertaining telling them they clearly couldn't afford it.

Whilst prices are more buoyant over winter months for 4x4 I'd say if WBAC offered that now its a fair price against trade.

Motojohn1 said:
I would have ripped there hand off at wbac :judge:

Traded for a little more..... :thumb:

With a service, MOT, bumper paint (or smart repair) and tyres it's a top retail quality car....that's still way under £30k for the buyer.....cheapest sub 35k mile car at Porsche is £38k and on autotrader - £33k

It has the all important full nav/Bluetooth, air suspension and pan roof.

Well done chum :thumb: I got 2k more selling to a dealer in the south for the folding. Absence of sunroof and it would be easier getting rid of Ebola

They will be 35k all day long at OPC because of the warranty and prep work. Plus OPC want to clear £4k+ profit :what:

At least warranty gives the buyer the satisfaction that when the oil leak comes from the lack of gasket between engine/gearbox they will fix it rather than some poor sap ending up with a c£7k bill because the engine and gearbox has to come out from underneath requiring all the front suspension and sub frame to be removed.

I only sold mine as the auto box was shoite in stop/start motorway traffic, plus the wife wouldn't drive the 'Leviathan' :pc: Everything else was pure quality.

vroomvroom said:
Motojohn1 said:
I would have ripped there hand off at wbac :judge:

Traded for a little more..... :thumb:

With a service, MOT, bumper paint (or smart repair) and tyres it's a top retail quality car....that's still way under £30k for the buyer.....cheapest sub 35k mile car at Porsche is £38k and on autotrader - £33k

It has the all important full nav/Bluetooth, air suspension and pan roof.

Excellent news! I shall be heading the same way you did with yours then I'm thinking.
Well done :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davey2233
Back