Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Boxster video!

isysman

Chaps, I made a video about my Boxster after a few people contacted me on Youtube. I hate filming myself talking but couldn't think of any other way of doing it without filming for weeks. You learn a lot about yourself when you watch yourself talking!

Let me know your thoughts. Anything I missed, anything wrong, in subject matter or filming etc?

If you don't like yourself talking to camera, I think you could cut those visuals of you in the car out and re-record the voice as a separate audio track without the background noise, and tighten the whole thing up a bit. It would still work.

I'm glad you'd didn't have a music track throughout. You've done a nice job and I appreciate the amount of work it's taken. Filming and editing takes so much time, people don't realise.

Boxsters are great cars and you mention the exhaust. I have a 987 switchable Topgear exhaust on my Cayman and it's really nice - much better than the PSE. Worked out about £850 plus fitting. Takes the whole car up 2 levels.

Hi isysman, nice video... good mix of camera shots from the inside to the outside of the car.

From other reviews I've seen maybe on the next one have some shots of the roof going up and down with some states of how long it takes and if it can be done when moving etc.

Keep em coming :thumb:

Kimbo said:
If you don't like yourself talking to camera, I think you could cut those visuals of you in the car out and re-record the voice as a separate audio track without the background noise, and tighten the whole thing up a bit. It would still work.

I'm glad you'd didn't have a music track throughout. You've done a nice job and I appreciate the amount of work it's taken. Filming and editing takes so much time, people don't realise.

Boxsters are great cars and you mention the exhaust. I have a 987 switchable Topgear exhaust on my Cayman and it's really nice - much better than the PSE. Worked out about £850 plus fitting. Takes the whole car up 2 levels.

Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it as you do it for a living. I thought about doing it that way but you need so much footage and also I feel they lose something without a person in front. I could have shortened it, and I did remove 15 mins of me drowning on. I'll probably do that next time.

I'm hesitant to change anything on the car because I might trade it in if the right car comes along.

apollokre1d said:
Hi isysman, nice video... good mix of camera shots from the inside to the outside of the car.

From other reviews I've seen maybe on the next one have some shots of the roof going up and down with some states of how long it takes and if it can be done when moving etc.

Keep em coming :thumb:

I originally had footage of the roof in operation but I removed it when editing. But I meant to put it back in but clearly forgot!

isysman said:
Thanks for the feedback. Appreciate it as you do it for a living. I thought about doing it that way but you need so much footage and also I feel they lose something without a person in front. I could have shortened it, and I did remove 15 mins of me drowning on. I'll probably do that next time.

Okay, so maybe next time put the camera on the passenger window and talk into it like they do on Top Gear (preferably without crashing).

The art of doing videos like this is to keep them short and interesting, which I'm sure you can. It's not easy. When I was filming commercials we'd shoot 7 days of footage and have to edit it into 60 seconds.

Be ruthless and only keep the very best stuff. Although I do it for a living, I still struggle with most jobs.

I enjoyed watching that and I think you came across very well.
:thumb:

Kimbo said:
isysman said:

Okay, so maybe next time put the camera on the passenger window and talk into it like they do on Top Gear (preferably without crashing).

The art of doing videos like this is to keep them short and interesting, which I'm sure you can. It's not easy. When I was filming commercials we'd shoot 7 days of footage and have to edit it into 60 seconds.

Be ruthless and only keep the very best stuff. Although I do it for a living, I still struggle with most jobs.

Yeah tried to get it down but I can see I could have taken a lot more out. I was trying to keep it friendly but I can see where I can save more. I think I'll concentrate on the voice over next time with minimal me on camera!

Great job! I enjoyed it. Have watched a lot of your stuff on Youtube and really like your visuals and the camera work is very good. Particularly impressed with your superyacht stuff where you use the drone shots to great effect. You definitely have an eye for catching great angles on your subject.

+1 for the recommendation of using voice over if you aren't comfortable doing the face thing although I think you come across well. Subbed and will continue enjoying your content and looking forward to more on the 911 that project is outstanding!

kas750 said:
I enjoyed watching that and I think you came across very well.
:thumb:

Thanks Kas, glad you liked it.

Monkeynutz said:
Great job! I enjoyed it. Have watched a lot of your stuff on Youtube and really like your visuals and the camera work is very good. Particularly impressed with your superyacht stuff where you use the drone shots to great effect. You definitely have an eye for catching great angles on your subject.

+1 for the recommendation of using voice over if you aren't comfortable doing the face thing although I think you come across well. Subbed and will continue enjoying your content and looking forward to more on the 911 that project is outstanding!

Thanks. I'm planning to do Some videos with my 911 once it's finished. Also planning a couple more with my Boxster as well. But the next Boxster vids will most likely be shorter.

Still learning about Final Cut Pro as well. Every video I make a learn something new.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back