Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mobile Lifts - want!!

Dear Santa,

I have been a very good boy.

Please can I have an AS-7630?

:D

Mines very similar but a different make. It does make working on my cars a lot easier. There are several other members with similar set ups too.

Mine is like the AS-7530D but a different colour. Brilliant for general service work, brakes, oil changes etc etc.

Although I did have to make some ramp extensions so the car will sit high enough to get the jacking pads under.

911tom said:
There's a chap on here who has fully submerged his ramp in to the floor=very cool imo 8)

If I had bought the ramp before the garage was built that`s how I would have done it, but after spending a shed load of money on the concrete i am reluctant to dig it up :D

Turning my carport into a top notch garage complete with a lift just like that one is my goal for next year

Pretty please ... post pictures of your garages and ramps , i could run a business from some of yours and love to see how people work on their own cars , kind of a buss mans holiday :)

Chaser .. impressive setup .. yellow snap on box at the back ?

996lee keep us posted on that. Nothing I like more than seeing a man cave stuffed with pork... Hey wait, you know what I mean :D

Demort 'all the gear and no idea' comes to mind... Actually I've got a load of use out of my garage since the transformation over last christmas. Got the atom in bits at the moment. I need to fit a tow bar to the cayenne next but I'm not sure it will fit in the garage!

Trust me when i say all mechanics love to have a nose at other mechanics tools , you find things you dont have , things that you could use and things you didnt even know about lol

How people use them is irrelevant .. i have some tools that are years old and still wrapped in their boxes .. i just like tools :D

Cayenne tow bar is not hard , wait till the sun is shinning then do it outside :)

Mind you electric one is a bit harder .

Demort said:
Trust me when i say all mechanics love to have a nose at other mechanics tools , you find things you dont have , things that you could use and things you didnt even know about lol

How people use them is irrelevant .. i have some tools that are years old and still wrapped in their boxes .. i just like tools :D

Cayenne tow bar is not hard , wait till the sun is shinning then do it outside :)

Mind you electric one is a bit harder .

Thanks Demort. It looks easy enough just the thought of working on axle stands etc. I might take it to my brothers garage and use one his ramps. I went for the standard detachable type, electric is hugely expensive and too much to go wrong imo.

Demort said:
Pretty please ... post pictures of your garages and ramps , i could run a business from some of yours and love to see how people work on their own cars , kind of a buss mans holiday :)

Chaser .. impressive setup .. yellow snap on box at the back ?

Well spotted :D ..... bit of a story to that .....a mechanic friend of mine had a car tip forward on a 2 poster while someone was removing a rear beam..... car fell against box and did a small amount of damage. A new box was claimed on the Insurance ( car was a write off).
I did a deal that comprised of painting his new race car chassis and a couple of tyres for the box.
Couple of new drawer runners and a bit of tweaking ... good as new :D

No garage, no room on drive.
Suggested turning the front room into garage / man room, wife laughed and said no dear, she actually thought i was joking, work in progress.

This thread makes me sad. I spent a fortune at my last house having a purpose built triple garage at the bottom of the garden. It was massive. You could easily get 3 or 4 cars in and still comfortably walk around them. I even had the concrete floor all re-enforced ready for a ramp.

Unfortunately then I met my wife and had to move house. Now I have to make do with a small "double" garage in which you cant swing a cat.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back