Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991 C2 manual....£42k....with 105k miles....

That's the cheapest one I've seen too. Obviously all down to the 100k+ miles.

If it was a 20 year old 993 with that mileage it would be a similar price.

I wonder which most people would choose. :?:

Still wouldn't :yuk:

Fairly poverty spec (3.4, manual, solid paint, tombstones, basic SW, tiny alloys, no sunroof or wiper or Bose etc etc)

Sometimes saving money upfront means shooting yourself in the foot later.

GT4 said:

Fairly poverty spec (3.4, manual, solid paint, tombstones, basic SW, tiny alloys, no sunroof or wiper or Bose etc etc)

Agreed, looks like the buyer knew he was going to make a loss due to the miles he was covering and went cheap.

Or just dipped under the company car monthly payment limit.

GT4 said:

They're the good things IMO. A basic car, manual box, no sunroof and easy on the options (less weight).
Buyers will be hunting for cars like this in a couple of years and turning them into fun weekend warriors and trackday cars. ;)

C.

Looks the part despite the spec, engine bay looks a lot different with the big cover and fans.

How do they get enough air into the Engine bay on the Caymans/Boxsters? Is one side the air intake for the engine and the other allowing air into the engine compartment?!

cableguy said:
GT4 said:

They're the good things IMO. A basic car, manual box, no sunroof and easy on the options (less weight).
Buyers will be hunting for cars like this in a couple of years and turning them into fun weekend warriors and trackday cars. ;)

C.

You are so right (and I may just prove it, bear with me), but the critical factor is the 13 years between signing the original order and the subsequent owners appreciating it for what it really is.

Unfortunately, the plight of the nearly new is to not be the trophy it was intended to be.

And there is no way a 105,000 mile four year old is a track ***** (unless we just redefined the M25)

Yes just looking at a forum that we shall not mention, it appears the owner has posted and has been quite open about the fact he is simply trying to sell the car for more than the balloon/more than the finance firm are offering him (never bought a car on finance or had a company car so I'll steer clear of that subject)

I concur that a 991 with a rare 7 speed manual box, only 10-15% were specced that way, may in time become desirable, but that colour is a problem!

Fast forward 5 years and do we think £42k spent on this or a 997 (insert variant) or a 993 (Manual coupe) would be worth more? I'd say 993 (I refuse to mention 996 other than the manual turbo)

@gt4 - do we call 19 inch standard alloys 'tiny'? Lol!

I know which would be the easiest for a bit of diy servicing!

Well, certainly company lease car:

http://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?h=0&f=231&t=1633965

Our company car 991 (base model Carrera) is coming to the end of its lease term. It's just done over 100,000 miles on a 62 plate, still feels rock solid and has been main-dealer serviced all its life. Apart from some stone chips you'd never have a clue as to its mileage.

We have the option of buying it for hopefully a bit of a discount, which we were thinking about then selling on for a little bit of a profit. If I look at the cheapest 991s on here for example, it does feel like there's a bit of financial headroom to make a small profit.

I really don't want to buy it and then not be able to sell it because of the relatively high mileage though, and I haven't have the space to just hang onto it, however much we like it.

So my specific question is - would such a high mileage be an absolute show-stopper for you, even at a decent discount to similarly-aged vehicles?

Cheers

Jason

ms2015 said:
@gt4 - do we call 19 inch standard alloys 'tiny'? Lol!

It's all relative.

On a 991 you are a pygmy with only 19"

But you seem to have emoted the evidential list of its poverty spec.

They are the smallest and cheapest wheels available on that car, your view on what constitutes a large wheel, or not, is not relevant.

I wonder what money they can buy it off the finance company for. :?:

Surely it would have to be very cheap to make the risk worthwhile.

The marketplace for a 100k+ car is small at the best of times and for a 4 year old car it must be tiny. In my experience most people prepared to take that option prefer to buy at auction for rock bottom price and certainly wont be looking to pay a dealer premium.

All a bit academic, the lease buy back post was back in November.

Given Dovehouse are making a margin and the lease co wouldn't be taking a bath on any option to buy, I suspect mid thirties at the highest!

The return of Marty Wild said:
Looks the part despite the spec, engine bay looks a lot different with the big cover and fans.

How do they get enough air into the Engine bay on the Caymans/Boxsters? Is one side the air intake for the engine and the other allowing air into the engine compartment?!

On RHD, Driver's side is the engine bay vent (with forced flow fan) and Passenger side is the induction intake (although air may also passively enter engine bay here too)

Although, you do know the Boxster is WATER-COOLED, so it doesn't really need that much air flow!

The really cool thing is the air flow split on the new 991.2, where the deck lid top vents feed both engine breathing and intercooler, erm, cooling!

Regarding the colour, when I did the 993 factory visit earlier in the year I would say that 50% of the cars (including 718's etc) being manufactured were that colour. It was quite remarkable. I thought it was quite nice actually.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back