Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OBD2 reader

Pincherrn

Hi guys,
Looking at buying an OBD2 reader for my 996. Anybody have any recommendations. Would prefer a bluetooth type if they are any good. For use with android.

Cheers.

Colin

I use an ELM 327 mini bluetooth dongle, it works well with the Torque app and various others on android, it struggles with Windows platforms though, it`s fine for reading and resetting EML fault codes and cost about £4 from ebay :thumb:

I also have an iCarsoft i960, Porsche specific, plug in scanner that covers the whole car system diagnostics for resetting airbag warning lights and whatnot, bought from a 911uk forum member for £50-60, not a lot more for a brand new one on ebay :thumb:

Thanks for that.
I was looking at something similar and it would mainly be used with the Torque app (as that's the one I've read most about). I like the idea of a Porsche specific one at a later date too.
Just wanted to make sure the cheap ELM327 types do work with the 996.

Colin

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back