Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GT3 allocation

911??

Chat on another forum by a few Swedish guys that they have had allocation for next year confirmed! Thoughts??

I think that if you're in a position to receive an allocation, you'd know by now imo...

s2000db said:
I think that if you're in a position to receive an allocation, you'd know by now imo...

Agreed. I made enquiries and have heard nothing.

Made an enquiry at Bournemouth opc- TBH they were rude on the phone, ***** 🙄

I think this whole allocation thing is a farce!!

I purchased a 997.1gt3 from a dealer 2 years ago and also put my name down for the next generation gt3 and was told at the time that as I had now brought a gt3 I should get one.

I picked up my gt4 in September, it from the same dealer but was not overly impressed with it. So offered it back to them. I was told that if I let them have the car back at cost so they could sell it for an inflated price and they would take all of the money then they would put me on the list for a 991.2 gt3.

When I told them I was already on the list from 2 years ago, they replied well that doesn't really count we pick who gets the cars........

Skelts said:
I think this whole allocation thing is a farce!!

I purchased a 997.1gt3 from a dealer 2 years ago and also put my name down for the next generation gt3 and was told at the time that as I had now brought a gt3 I should get one.

I picked up my gt4 in September, it from the same dealer but was not overly impressed with it. So offered it back to them. I was told that if I let them have the car back at cost so they could sell it for an inflated price and they would take all of the money then they would put me on the list for a 991.2 gt3.

When I told them I was already on the list from 2 years ago, they replied well that doesn't really count we pick who gets the cars........

I am intrigued to hear what your next move was?

No Chance

Having bought 4 new cars in total from 2 OPCs (East London and Guildford ),
I was told that the GT3 gen 2 991 was reserved for only the VIPs that buy "loads" of new cars from them.

So if 4 new cars in 8 years is no way near "loads".
It must at least mean a new car every year perhaps.
They were 2 997 cars - a Black Edition and a GTS, and 2 Cayenne - both diesel.

Again, it must mean buying GT3 and high end 911 cars.

But still insulting to be told "no chance".

The 'who gets to have one' is an absolute lottery....but I will say that the old
letter of intent routine was sidelined a long time ago. Porsche UK are now
doing their utmost to stop the 'flipping' most recently seen with the GT4, and
991 GT3 RS. Imho, I'll bet that DP's and Senior Management at most OPC's
will carefully select where these cars will actually go to. The rule now is that if
you flip, you're off the list next time around..and most probably you'd struggle
to get any other new GT allocation thereafter. 8)

Ps, if you buy a lot of cars or have a long term relationship with your dealer
there's a chance that you'd get one. If you want the next RS, well that's
that's matter altogether.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
qdunrpvcxsty
Back