Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Child rear car seat advice please

Kryton

Tried to install a Britax car seat from my SUV into the rear of my 991 but the restraint connection seem to be to far forward and the seat just moves forward about 4"from the back of the seat

Is there another type out there not to bulky?

Thanks

Which car seat group is this for ?
0+, 1, 2 or 3 ?

i.e. by age of child ? and rear of forward facing ?

Britax make the Porsche Car Seats so they are compatible

911UK said:

Yes thanks all sorted now :thumb:

911UK said:

Depends on the model. I had a Britax Prince in my 123 coupe and its base was just too wide for my 997. The halfords essentials 123 fitted in the back of my 997 like a glove and was only 30quid.

Hi... What did you buy in the end? I've tried a few but the main issue was the height of the seat, as it clashed with the roofline interior of the car. I need a seat for my 5yr old daughter... to be honest, she pretty much fits fine in the rear seat without any need for a child seat. the only issue is that it obviously does not provide the head protection of a child seat and the seat belt is slightly too high.

I have contemplated getting a bespoke seat made by a car interior upholstery company that I have used previously for a classic car. (to buy a child seat and then adapt)

I've fitted my Rodifix with isofix in with no problems. Fits my nearly 5 year old perfectly. It has an adjustable head restraint height. I would think it will touch the roof by the time he's 7.

Attachments

• img_4299_118.jpg
    img_4299_118.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 4,390
sideways said:
I've fitted my Rodifix with isofix in with no problems. Fits my nearly 5 year old perfectly. It has an adjustable head restraint height. I would think it will touch the roof by the time he's 7.

Just sorted an Isofix seat but cannot find the top mounts behind the rear seats.

The bottom ones are no problem but I don't seem to have the top mounts!!!

Can anyone let me know where they are?

isofix is just a set of mounts at the bottom. no need for anything else

Thanks, but the top of the chair need restraining and that's the part I'm struggling with

Which seat do you have? should have a photo on it showning how to install it. But all the isofix I have seen just secure at the bottom

If you have the 9 month to 3 year old size (not sure what the category is) you need to secure the tether to the securing ring bit over the engine cover area.

Attachments

• img_4527_202.jpg
    img_4527_202.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 4,082
sideways said:
If you have the 9 month to 3 year old size (not sure what the category is) you need to secure the tether to the securing ring bit over the engine cover area.

Hmm not got those in my Targa will call OPC :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back