Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to pronounce Porsche

I always loved it when one of Steve Davis's Romford possie got interviewed on TV and was asked about Steve and he said: He's only gone and bought himself one of them Porches! Classic

i'm sorry but call me a common northerner i still call it a porsch as in porch!
It annoys me the correct way a bit like when people try to say french words with a french twang in the supermarket

It's spelt Por-Sh-a but pronounced "throatwobler mangrove"

I'm sticking with Porsh :p

I like Porch the OPC call it a Porscha , I find Porscha a bit pretentious.

Porsch for me

Porsche for The Germans

Porscha for the Americans

A blonde canvassed a wealthy neighborhood looking for odd jobs. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had anything for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"

She replied, "How about $50?"

The man agreed and told her the paint was in the garage. A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.

"You're finished already?" he asked.

"Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats." Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50.

"And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porsche; it's a Ferrari."

Pronunciation might be important after all lol .

pork.jpg

Demort said:
A blonde canvassed a wealthy neighborhood looking for odd jobs. She went to the front door of the first house and asked the owner if he had anything for her to do.

"Well, you can paint my porch. How much will you charge?"

She replied, "How about $50?"

The man agreed and told her the paint was in the garage. A short time later, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.

"You're finished already?" he asked.

"Yes," the blonde answered, "and I had paint left over, so I gave it two coats." Impressed, the man reached in his pocket for the $50.

"And by the way," the blonde added, "that's not a Porsche; it's a Ferrari."

Pronunciation might be important after all lol .

:floor: :floor: :floor: Iain very good, and what brings you over here away from the car problem threads :thumb:

I pronounce it 'my car'. :D

Porsh, anything else is wrong. :hand:

The first time I met some of you guys I was conscious of using the correct pronunciation then I realised that most of you didn't give a hoot. :D

if i say porsha my wife accuses me of watching the adult channel again....

I think that clip tells you everything you need to know about Porsche and their attitude to customers.

Every time I hear 'Porscha' Tiff Needell springs to mind.

Edit: He's now 65 so now on the waiting list for an RIP.....***** post on here :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back