Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Advice needed; modified 991.1 back to OEM

Banderras

Hi everyone, first post but long time Porsche enthusiast.

In the past two years I have owned a 999.1 S, 991 GTS & a Macan GTS amongst others.

Today I bought a project (great spec 2012 991.1 Carrera) with the view to bringing it back to OEM stock.

It has a Caractere full body kit and 21" Techart Formula IV alloys. I've done some digging and these parts cost in the region of £10-15k new.

I want to fund the restoration by selling these.

What would be the best way to do this? Is there a market for second hand body kits?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

B :thumb:

Attachments

• 1c_825.jpg
    1c_825.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 8,565
  • 2c_119.jpg
    2c_119.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 8,565
  • 3c_156.jpg
    3c_156.jpg
    407.7 KB · Views: 8,565
  • 4c_171.jpg
    4c_171.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 8,565
Hi and welcome :thumbs:

Would it not be cheaper just to source one that has not been modified? Some of those 'extra bits' that have been added must be attached through the body work underneath.... Selling on may be tricky too as it has got to be a fairly limited customer base.

911tom said:
Hi and welcome :thumbs:

Would it not be cheaper just to source one that has not been modified? Some of those 'extra bits' that have been added must be attached through the body work underneath.... Selling on may be tricky too as it has got to be a fairly limited customer base.

Side skirts are bolt on - nose is separate and rear wing replaces rear grill.
Not a huge job to restore back to original. Can find a second hand nose and I have a great paint shop near me that I use, very cheap.

Biggest cost will be sourcing OEM wheels.

This model was fairly rare for a 991 non "S" in that it was
Black
Low mileage
Sunroof
PSE
Sports Chrono
Designo steering wheels (Paddles)

In my opinion it's a top spec car and a great find

B :)

I fully support your cause of rehabilitating otherwise lost causes.

I assume this is a charity crusade, given the financial suicide involved?

That body kit though......😳

GT4 said:
I fully support your cause of rehabilitating otherwise lost causes.

I assume this is a charity crusade, given the financial suicide involved?

I aim to escape unscathed :) The Techart wheels alone should fetch at least a couple of grand. They are the current Porsche model and insanely expensive to purchase new - I'm a purist though :notme:

Just as long as you aren't going by the period of quickest sale or highest sale valuation ever achieved on eBay.

If you already have homes (and known prices) for the parts, go for it.

How to make a 911 look like a Toyota Supra!

:popcorn:
This is like watching an episode of ER! Heroic effort required to save a 911. There is a lovely car underneath that GTA V modders wet dream.

Lovely looking car, once that abomination of a body kit is removed. :D

CarreraMonkey said:
GAH!! The pictures above have made my eyes hurt. :sad:

:agree:

Shall we start a Crowd funding campaign to help you out :?

hang.gif

HSC911 said:
CarreraMonkey said:
GAH!! The pictures above have made my eyes hurt. :sad:

:agree:

Shall we start a Crowd funding campaign to help you out :?

hang.gif

Haha

I'm down £1750 so far. I'm going to my local workshop tomorrow for a quote on the body work....I'm hoping £2k or less all in.

After I sell the pieces off on ebay I honestly believe I'll be alright. Hopefully it will stand as a test case for anyone considering something as foolish in the future ;)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back