Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What's the deal with the power button on CDR24?

The return of Marty Wild

Mine is sticky and horrible looking! Did a search, couldn't see anything in here about a fix. Tried cleaning it with Autogylm plastic cleaner, seemed to almost make it worse!

Help please!

They just go like that, you are lucky that the finish has not started peeling off.

You can refurbish the buttons with Plasti-dip I think, someone posted a great how-to a while ago.

Or New HU

Finger grease and acids breakdown the rubber coating

*****, thinking I should not have taken a cleaning agent to it. Do they pop off without breaking anything then?

Cheers

They fall out if you dismantle the unit

My preferred fix was a replacement OEM HU (it helped the decision that the original was a tape player!)

I'm no good at painting a wall, so the thought of plastic goo everywhere and the chance the buttons wouldn't fit/move properly after the mod would put me off (and my OCD would require me to dip all the buttons for the same theoretical finish)

I popped mine off and used warm water and fairly liquid. Came up great.

I also alcohol wiped and then plastidipped the climate rocker switches (in situ, with dash masked off).

Ger

Is there a knack to removing the knobs then?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back