Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 5
997 : 2004- 72
996 : 1997-2005 51
993 : 1993-1998 9
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 0
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 1
Boxster : 1997- 13
Cayman : 2005- 12
Cayenne : 2003- 12
Macan : 2014- 3
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 4
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Body Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys.

C4pperS - Its a mod worth doing and for £150 its totally worth it. I like your C4S, great extras inc PCCB thumbsup not cheap to replace though.

Also, I would like to thank Sid and his team at Porsche Torque for looking after my car. Outstanding work and great knowladge, keeping my Porsche in top condition for many more years of fun driving Smile
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
G2
Monza


Joined: 26 Oct 2015
Posts: 238



PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP. Fantastic looking car with lovely history. Great to see 911UK members coming forward with background for you...

SY really gets under your skin...you end up randomly buying things like this cos you cannot walk past them... Thumb
 



IMG_2275.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  29.47 KB
 Viewed:  1838 Time(s)

IMG_2275.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2017 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G2 wrote:
OP. Fantastic looking car with lovely history. Great to see 911UK members coming forward with background for you...

SY really gets under your skin...you end up randomly buying things like this cos you cannot walk past them... Thumb


Thanks, Brilliant to find out about my 911 history and a great community here at 911uk worship

Hahaha, I totally see myself buying a model SY 911 Smile
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
RichiRich
Suzuka


Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Posts: 1001
Location: Luxembourg


PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on your SY purchase Smile

I caught the SY bug last year - here's the short version of my story...

Last December I flew to the UK to look at a 911SC. I took it to JZM to do a PPI and it didn't go so well. Whilst waiting I had a look around their nice collection of 911s and saw a SY 996 Turbo in the corner (didn't note it was LHD at the time). I remarked to the owner of the SC how SY has always been one of my favourite colours.

Got home, told my wife about the experience, and she said "good" (she doesn't like cars without all the safety bits) and said why don't you up the budget and find something newer Very Happy

Found out the 996 Turbo was LHD and got on the phone to JZM and bought the car (over the phone) based on their reputation, and the fact that I bought a 964 Turbo from them a few years back. Got the car delivered just before Christmas - I still haven't registered it in Luxembourg or driven it yet Embarassed

I then searched on Ebay for a minature to go in my cabinet with my other 1:18 911s and bought a matching model (well, apart from the interior).

As for how this story continues, you'll have to wait a couple more weeks, at which point it will be (hopefully) registered and ready to drive thumbsup
_________________
2000 996 Turbo
Speed Yellow / Black

Ex - 2003 996 Carrera 4S
Ex - 1992 964 Turbo X33 (#777)
 



s-l1600[1].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  139.43 KB
 Viewed:  1747 Time(s)

s-l1600[1].jpg



porsche-911-turbo-996-turbo-S2664488-1.jpg
 Description:
Note the 993 in SY behind mine :-)
 Filesize:  79.25 KB
 Viewed:  1747 Time(s)

porsche-911-turbo-996-turbo-S2664488-1.jpg


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the SY family! Lovely Turbo, stunning and indeed very rare!
In fact I saw your very car advertised at JZM, stunning with great extras.
Gllad you went for the SY 996 Turbo in the end thumbsup

I dont think you can go wrong buying a car from JZM
I would be itching to drive it already! Go on, just take it around the block Very Happy
Look forward to hear more about your ownership and first drive!
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Robertb
Long Beach


Joined: 01 Sep 2003
Posts: 6001
Location: South Oxfordshire

2002 Porsche 996 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you are enjoying the car.

The wheel looks good- I always wondered if an alcantara wheel would work without an alcantara gearshift and handbrake, yours shows it does.
_________________
"911- the guilt-free supercar"

Current: 2003 C4S Coupe, seal/black

Ex: '02 C4S Coupe, '96 993 Targa, '88 Carrera Sport Coupe
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Jay Man
Silverstone


Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 124
Location: Solihull


PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totally agree Speed Yellow is the best colour!

Here's mine.
_________________
Current Pork
996.1 Speed Yellow GT3 Kit - 2001
911 Carrera 3.2 - 1985

Past Pork
Boxster 2.5 Silver long ago
 



IMG_2532.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  324.8 KB
 Viewed:  1655 Time(s)

IMG_2532.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob, The Alcantara wheel transforms the interior! A great driving feel and perfect match with the Headlining. I am considering having the gear knob and gator trimmed in alcantara, but I think it looks good the way it is Smile

@Jay Man, That's a stunning SY Carrera (GT3 kit). Tell me more about your car?? My friend has the same 996.1 Carrera 2 with full GT3 kit (factory fitted) in Guards Red, stunning cars!
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 12809
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichiRich wrote:


Last December I flew to the UK to look at a 911SC. I took it to JZM to do a PPI and it didn't go so well. Whilst waiting I had a look around their nice collection of 911s and saw a SY 996 Turbo in the corner (didn't note it was LHD at the time).



I saw your car at JZM in November. thumbsup



I also saw this.



...... and this was parked outside.


_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jplportugal
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2017
Posts: 34



PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool colour, spec and story!
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW! JZM stock is amazing! Loving SY 996 and 993 Smile I want them all.

Thanks JPlportugal thumbsup

I do like the anthracite wheel colour on the SY turbo Smile I am thinking to have mine powder coated Satin Black.... any thoughts??
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jay Man
Silverstone


Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 124
Location: Solihull


PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yas.SYC4S wrote:
Thanks Rob, The Alcantara wheel transforms the interior! A great driving feel and perfect match with the Headlining. I am considering having the gear knob and gator trimmed in alcantara, but I think it looks good the way it is Smile

@Jay Man, That's a stunning SY Carrera (GT3 kit). Tell me more about your car?? My friend has the same 996.1 Carrera 2 with full GT3 kit (factory fitted) in Guards Red, stunning cars!


Thanks, I've had it a year, it's a C4 manual with 65k, factory kit, sports seats, pse, a top spec motor. I love guards red too as my 3.2 Carrera is that colour. They look really well with each other.

Love your steering wheel, may look to get mine done, how do they do it? Is it exchange?
_________________
Current Pork
996.1 Speed Yellow GT3 Kit - 2001
911 Carrera 3.2 - 1985

Past Pork
Boxster 2.5 Silver long ago
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jay Man wrote:
Yas.SYC4S wrote:
Thanks Rob, The Alcantara wheel transforms the interior! A great driving feel and perfect match with the Headlining. I am considering having the gear knob and gator trimmed in alcantara, but I think it looks good the way it is Smile

@Jay Man, That's a stunning SY Carrera (GT3 kit). Tell me more about your car?? My friend has the same 996.1 Carrera 2 with full GT3 kit (factory fitted) in Guards Red, stunning cars!


Thanks, I've had it a year, it's a C4 manual with 65k, factory kit, sports seats, pse, a top spec motor. I love guards red too as my 3.2 Carrera is that colour. They look really well with each other.

Love your steering wheel, may look to get mine done, how do they do it? Is it exchange?


Great spec and certainly very rare to find one in SY with GT3 kit!! Have to attend a Porsche meet in our SY pokers this summer! Bring the Guards red 911 too, stunning car collection Smile

Thanks, its a brilliant steering wheel and well worth it! Improves the driving feeling with an alcantara wheel. Yeah, either remove yours and post it to Royal Steering Wheels, Jack will post back the completed wheel. Or, if he has one in stock he will re-trim that to your spec and install it on site.
Will look great on your car too, complete the GT3 look!
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Jay Man
Silverstone


Joined: 01 Aug 2014
Posts: 124
Location: Solihull


PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yas.SYC4S wrote:
Jay Man wrote:
Yas.SYC4S wrote:
Thanks Rob, The Alcantara wheel transforms the interior! A great driving feel and perfect match with the Headlining. I am considering having the gear knob and gator trimmed in alcantara, but I think it looks good the way it is Smile

@Jay Man, That's a stunning SY Carrera (GT3 kit). Tell me more about your car?? My friend has the same 996.1 Carrera 2 with full GT3 kit (factory fitted) in Guards Red, stunning cars!


Thanks, I've had it a year, it's a C4 manual with 65k, factory kit, sports seats, pse, a top spec motor. I love guards red too as my 3.2 Carrera is that colour. They look really well with each other.

Love your steering wheel, may look to get mine done, how do they do it? Is it exchange?


Great spec and certainly very rare to find one in SY with GT3 kit!! Have to attend a Porsche meet in our SY pokers this summer! Bring the Guards red 911 too, stunning car collection Smile

Thanks, its a brilliant steering wheel and well worth it! Improves the driving feeling with an alcantara wheel. Yeah, either remove yours and post it to Royal Steering Wheels, Jack will post back the completed wheel. Or, if he has one in stock he will re-trim that to your spec and install it on site.
Will look great on your car too, complete the GT3 look!


Thanks for the info, I think I might treat myself to match my headlining too Smile PS I call my SY 'the colonel' as in mustard!
_________________
Current Pork
996.1 Speed Yellow GT3 Kit - 2001
911 Carrera 3.2 - 1985

Past Pork
Boxster 2.5 Silver long ago
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
RichiRich
Suzuka


Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Posts: 1001
Location: Luxembourg


PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yas.SYC4S wrote:
WOW! JZM stock is amazing! Loving SY 996 and 993 Smile I want them all.

Thanks JPlportugal thumbsup

I do like the anthracite wheel colour on the SY turbo Smile I am thinking to have mine powder coated Satin Black.... any thoughts??


This is only my opinion, but I find black wheels and a yellow car a stark contrast - not that it is a bad thing... but I really like the anthracite and yellow contrast, though my wheels are gloss and it may have looked better with satin Dont know
_________________
2000 996 Turbo
Speed Yellow / Black

Ex - 2003 996 Carrera 4S
Ex - 1992 964 Turbo X33 (#777)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Daniel
Donnington
Donnington


Joined: 02 Feb 2005
Posts: 11933
Location: Not where I want to be!

2000 Porsche 996 GT3 Mk1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fastest colour too.

well done and welcome.
_________________
*Current - GT3 996.1 Clubsport (Manthey K400)

EX VR993 - C4
EX 993 - C2
EX GT3 996.1
EX Cayman 3.4 S 987.1
EX Megane R26R #36.
EX Cayman R
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Satin anthracite would look awesome. I will decide when the time comes. First I will be buying 15mm Spacers and my GT3 seats.
I am going to clean the underside thoroughly and protect with ACF50 or similar product in the next month. Few jobs to carry out to get it to A1 standard (I am very fussy).

Thanks Dan, it sure is a speedy colour Smile
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Small update, I Installed a genuine Turbo Splitter. Looks so aggressive over the stock C4S splitter. Unfortunately, I did not realise the splitter was painted in Black and doesn't quite match the rest of my exterior trim. I have listed it for sale if anyone is interested.

Here is a cheeky pic of it on Smile

Next on the list of things to do;
15mm (F) and 18mm (R) RSS Spacers
OEM GT3 Bucket Seats
PopPopBangBang Titanium Exhaust Bolts
Front Bumper Re-Spray plus Stone Chip Correction.
Fix Rattle in Drivers Door Card
MOT due March
Lastly, Get Out and Drive thumbsup
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 



IMG_2257.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  282 KB
 Viewed:  1323 Time(s)

IMG_2257.JPG


  
View user's profile Send private message
   
jplportugal
Newbie


Joined: 04 Feb 2017
Posts: 34



PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yas, how much to send it to Porto, Portugal?

Yas.SYC4S wrote:
Small update, I Installed a genuine Turbo Splitter. Looks so aggressive over the stock C4S splitter. Unfortunately, I did not realise the splitter was painted in Black and doesn't quite match the rest of my exterior trim. I have listed it for sale if anyone is interested.

Here is a cheeky pic of it on Smile

Next on the list of things to do;
15mm (F) and 18mm (R) RSS Spacers
OEM GT3 Bucket Seats
PopPopBangBang Titanium Exhaust Bolts
Front Bumper Re-Spray plus Stone Chip Correction.
Fix Rattle in Drivers Door Card
MOT due March
Lastly, Get Out and Drive thumbsup
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Yas.SYC4S
Trainee


Joined: 28 Nov 2016
Posts: 91



PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jplportugal"]Yas, how much to send it to Porto, Portugal?

I have a buyer for the Turbo Splitter. Posting to Portugal won't be cheap and would risk getting damaged. Sorry buddy.
_________________
Speed Yellow 996 C4S (EVO Magazine)
Guards Red Porsche 924 (1982)
Alfa Romeo 1750 GTV Mk1 (1968)
Laguna Seca Blue M3 E46
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 11 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum