Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

last race for Jenson

KP964

The last race for Jenson Button today , i was gutted and had to bite my lip a little for him after his early exit , he received a great reception from everyone in the garage and a big hug from his Mum , seems such a nice bloke , shame he didn't have a better car this year , i hope we will see him on Sky commentating next year.
Wasn't Hamilton a tw@t for backing Rosberg up , there was little hope of knocking him back into fourth place by doing that and it wouldn't be a proper win in my book if he did, i am a Hamilton fan but must say he is a fkin Cry baby and knows how to sulk.

Congrats to Rosberg

Thanks and TTFN Jenson Button :worship:

:agree: Totally ...

F1 is the only sport i watch .. Jenson leaveing is a dam shame but then so is Massa .. getting to the end of your " trade " must be heart breaking but hopefully both will go onto other things .

I guess it happens to us all in the end .

To be fair to Hamilton, he played within the rules when he still had a chance of the title, tried to control the race to his advantage and didn't try to take Rosberg out..

Sad to see both Massa and Button go - Button's takeover of Ted Kravitz's slot after the race was pretty funny..

If Rosberg had big boll0cks hed have had him off on turn 1
That's what Ayrton Alain or Michael would have done

They really are like a load of farts in a jacuzzi this lot.

Ohh you cut me up more than once
Ooh you drove me off the circuit
Ooh get on the radio and make him get out of the way
Ooooh my hairs not right

FFS

I reckon that every other driver on the grid would have attempted what Hamilton did if they were in the same position as him.

It would have been 'entertaining' if Max hadn't spun on the first lap. Nico would have 'settled' for running in third and that late charge from Vettel would have put him under real pressure.

Rosberg's pass on Max - even allowing for the tyre wear differential - validated his credentials to be World Champion although surely few would argue that the Lewis/Mercedes combination is the top one.

Next season will be fantastic. With everyone driving totally different cars my money will be on Verstappen becoming easily the youngest F1 Champ in history.

I'll miss JB and really hope to see him running near the front in a WEC car in future. :dont know:

I thought Jenson came across as a complete gent, in fact the polar opposite to our other world champion. Lewis is getting all a bit kanye for me.

Hope Button does something like Le Mans, that would be epic!

Now Weber has vacated his seat at Porsche..........

Felt very sorry for Jenson, not making it to the end. He spent so much of his career trying to develop cars (BAR & Mclaren). Glad he got his opportunity with Braun. He certainly made the most of it. I hope he does some commentary as he always talks sense. Great bloke.

Whilst we were on this, thank you Lewis for turning what could have been the most boring race of the season into one of the best. He simply controlled the race and the tactics. Brilliant.

he aint as good as you think, fifty per cent of those drivers could have won the title in his car, but then that's an old argument.

I will get interested in f1 when there is vehicle parity, until then you can keep it. I will be waiting a long time.

And yes I have been to formula 1.

p.s And that was your idea of a good race, and brilliant tactics.

Thought Jenson still has a Mcl contract as he is to be the test driver for the F1 team, so not out out just out of the main seat?

Also what happened to his Japanese Wife? I thought he got married then saw he had another bird on his arm?

kingston said:
Also what happened to his Japanese Wife? I thought he got married then saw he had another bird on his arm?

Jessica Michibata is history.
Brittny Ward is his latest squeeze.

kingston said:
Thought Jenson still has a Mcl contract as he is to be the test driver for the F1 team, so not out out just out of the main seat?

Jenson is officially a McLaren ambassador for 2017 but will also be their reserve driver. If Stoffel Vandoorne doesn't perform (extremely unlikely) or if Alonso walks away (possible) he might even drive again next season. He's got an option to return in 2018.

After a year of marriage he and Jessica split amicably a year ago and he's been 'dating' Brittny Ward since around the start of the race season.

Palladium said:
he aint as good as you think, fifty per cent of those drivers could have won the title in his car, but then that's an old argument.

I will get interested in f1 when there is vehicle parity, until then you can keep it. I will be waiting a long time.

And yes I have been to formula 1.

p.s And that was your idea of a good race, and brilliant tactics.

It's true that there's very little difference in talent between most F1 drivers but the fact that one driver normally outperforms their team mate across the season shows that some are a bit better.

The sport needs competing cars to be different and as long as there are circuits that suit some cars more than others it will make for entertaining racing.

If all cars were the same it would be boring. Single formula racing is good at lower levels to identify talent but it isn't very entertaining to watch.

The most disappointing thing about F1 nowadays is that 'racing' seems to be discouraged. It's crazy that anybody could accuse Hamilton of driving too slowly. If he was slow then surely the solution would have been to overtake him or at least try to make a challenge.

My hope is that next year the changes to the cars will make them more able to race properly. Then we'll be able to see who the real race drivers are.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back