Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

newbie and Recaros from Hans Hahn

Alam

Nurburgring
Hi all

Aologise if this is related to an old thread but has anyone recenty ordered Recaros from Hans Hahn?

I spoke with recently after giving my measurements and he recommended the larger seats. :dont know:
(i'm not particularly a big guy, 5" 10, 83Kg, 34" waist.

Does anyone have experience in the sizing of recaro seats and dealing with Hans?

http://www.hahn-gfk.de/katalog/produkte.htm
www.hahn-gfk.de

27Sitz3.jpg

I'm not sure how these compare with Recaro Pole Positions, however a standard PP was fine for me and i'm 6ft and around 100kgs for comparison.

C.

cableguy said:
I'm not sure how these compare with Recaro Pole Positions, however a standard PP was fine for me and i'm 6ft and around 100kgs for comparison.

C.

arent they just PP's with different colour centres :?:

Rossi911 said:
cableguy said:

C.

arent they just PP's with different colour centres :?:

i believe these are not polepositions, alsothe back plastics are different...?
Can anyne else confirm my assumption?

Cheers

Yes I figured they were different to the PP's. The PP's are smooth backed, whereas the Hans Hahn's look like this:

C.

Attachments

• hh_125.jpg
    hh_125.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 9,090
Yes, thats the ones... The back panel are the giveways. ANyone on here bought these or have them installed?

K

My understanding is that they aren't PPs although they look v similar. Wish I'd ordered mine before the currency tanked but there you go. Next year project now.

If you find the YouTube video of Harry Metcalf (i.e. Mr Evo) and his red 993 turbo GT2 replica I believe it has them fitted.

They look pretty good to me and I think the pricing is reasonable. Not seen them in the flesh though.

I have the Hans Hahn RS replica seats. The ribbing is like the original RS ones, PP's don't have that. They are dimensionatlly identical to PP's so cushions are the same. The fibreglass shells are made in house and the covers made by a mate of his. I Also have a pair of SPG Recaros again using the same cushions and covers but smooth backed and narrow also a bit taller (a wide version is available)
Do use the Recaro runners as the ones supplied are a cheap Chinese copy and a bit of a pain. I've been very pleased with them, visually identical to RS seats but no webbing so a bit firm for your posterior. The finishers for the belt holes are Recaro. Not TUV approved so you can't race with them, ok for track days though. The weight difference is substantial and I find them very comfortable, no compalints from passengers other than a bit more difficult to get out.

Any pics Endoman? I'm looking at purchasing PP's in Jan/Feb and would be interested in these as an alternative.

C.

Unfortunately this is a new PC as my old one died along with the pics but they should be in a previous post. I specified Indish Rot backs with grey cushions and black cover in leather. He also makes very nice door cards with all the fittings.

cableguy said:
Any pics Endoman? I'm looking at purchasing PP's in Jan/Feb and would be interested in these as an alternative.

C.

Potential group buy, anyone interested I can speak with Hans to get a quote for say 10?

Let me know ?

Kash

I'd be interested in a GB price, however does anyone know they customise...? as i'm ideally looking for painted (white) backs, black leather with a contrasting stitch. ;)

C.

cableguy said:
I'd be interested in a GB price, however does anyone know they customise...? as i'm ideally looking for painted (white) backs, black leather with a contrasting stitch. ;)

C.

Hans customises, I'm asking for painted backs as well. Am awaiting a reply from him in response to the group discounts.

Good news is i have lots of reference photos from Hans, bad news is he cannot do any group discounts. :nooo:

For my 964RS project, i want to go with the standard looking seats in the RS style 3 tone blue with the exception of the painted backs in Maritime Blue (instead of Black).
Not sure if this is over the top as i have seen painted PP backs in Red, Yellow White, but not Maritime Blue.

Thoughts? Maritime Blue painted or plain Black??? :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back