Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Precision Shift Coupler

rusape

Hi there, I'm a new owner of a 1983 3.0l sc, having come back to Porsche after some years away.

First owned one and a few others in the 80's and 90's, but fell out of love with Porsche with the demise of the 964.

Anyway my first post on here and wondered if anyone had fitted a precision coupler to their shifter in place of the sloppy OEM part and any feedback .

THIS TYPE[/img]

I have a sloppy lever and have tried in vain to adjust the OEM part with any measure of success.

Would welcome any guidance or advice.

Thanks all.

Shift coupler

Hi, don't know if this is any good to you?

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/pors...replacement-tutorial-made-easy-step-step.html

I got my 79 911 sc last month and it also needs doing.

When I got the car, the gears wouldn't go in properly, another member on here said I need to completely press the clutch pedal down which has helped and also the fan belt was loose (725mm belt). Now fitted 715mm belt with the same spacer setting and fits perfectly and the gears now go in as they should do. But they selector still feels a bit sloppy, so I think changing these bushes as mentioned in the link above should be a nice maintenance task.

Be nice to hear from other members of a nice upgrade here? Short shifter kit or something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back