Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Black vinyl headlight surrounds in the U.K.?

CarreraMonkey

Does anyone in the U.K. sell a black vinyl kit like the one KI studios sell in the US?

http://kistudios.com/product/porsche-997-headlight-trim/

I'd rather go for black as it matches the overall theme.

Happy to order from the states but figured there's bound to be some one closer that does them?

997-headlight-trim-samples.jpg

I like the look of these - hope there's a UK supplier... :?:

John H said:
I like the look of these - hope there's a UK supplier... :?:

John - If there isn't, I can order 5 - 10 sets and get them sent across in one go. Might get a discount, Will save on shipping and I'm sure I'll be able to flog them on here and ebay.

Will let you know.

I'm not sure about the black vinyl headlight surrounds: in the MINI world, that is called the Panda eye mod. As an alternative you could consider red/body coloured surrounds?

The other mod (which can look good on the right car) is the so-called 'Joey mod' [don't ask me why, it's like Gundo hack in the Porsche world] which is to split the headlamps and repaint the silvery/chrome insides (except obviously the reflectors) black. It was so popular that MINI actually offered it from the factory on the later JCW cars as a cost option.

You could always go for the Porsche OEM option, as fitted to the Sports Classic.

I'm sure they'll be very reasonably priced ............. NOT. :floor:

Fitted a set to my partners 987 Boxster and a friends 987.1 Cayman..

easy to fit and look great!

T8 said:
You could always go for the Porsche OEM option, as fitted to the Sports Classic.

I'm sure they'll be very reasonably priced ............. NOT. :floor:

Yeah - you can imagine can't you. :lol:

Yes , I went with the carbon ones very thin fitted nicely.

Attachments

• car_a1_196.jpg
    car_a1_196.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 17,110
  • img_0815_194.jpg
    img_0815_194.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 17,111
I'd be up for a set of these as well.

Phil 997 said:

They're nice for sure, but plain black would be better on the red rabbit.

CarreraMonkey said:
Phil 997 said:

They're nice for sure, but plain black would be better on the red rabbit.

Monkey I agree the gloss black for yours, you could always paint the carbon ones, but don't buy the plastic/pu/ grp ones as they are much thicker than the carbon and don't sit as nicely over the light against the bodywork.

carbon ones for £100 painting probably £50 so depends on the cost and shipping and import duty of the vinyl ones from the states as to whether the painted carbon are a cheaper/better option mate.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272433191476?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

OK - I emailed them today to find out if they can do me 5 or 10 sets at a discounted price.

Will update once I hear back from them.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back