Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wet Interlagos. Brazilian GP

DRZ911

Mugello
That has to be one of the wettest F1 races ever. Absolutely torrential conditions.

Well done to Hammy for the victory, and to everyone who competed in such treacherous conditions. :thumb:

Great race :thumb:

Max was the hero... how he managed to stop his car from crashing into the barrier when he lost it while in 2nd place I do not know...

And his drive from 13th to 3rd in the last 15 laps can only be compared to Senna in that infamous Japanese GP when Prost deliberately took him out yet he managed to come in to the pits fix his car and win only for it to be taken away on a technicality...

Hats off to the young man!

+1 :agree:

Cracking race once it got going, I honestly though Max V would take Rosberg out at some point in the race, the way he was behaving behind him under the safety car :hand:

Would have made for an intersting season finale though :grin:

Brazilian GP

Well if anyone was in any doubt as to Max Verstappens talent then watch today's Brazilian Grand Prix, the young man is a star.

Indeed he did NB as the old saying goes (to finish first ,first you have to finish ) :thumb:

Thought the race was becoming a bit of a farce with all the driving round behind the Safety Car, I can see the safety point of view but surely these guys are at the top of their game.
Max was astonishing, especially after that spin where everyone else had hit the crash barrier.
The wet certainly sorts the good drivers from the not so good, at least we get the championship going down to the last race, excellent.

Problem is were getting to used to seeing Mercedes 1 & 2, then the young 'pup' comes along and pushes them hard, at the moment that's what Grand Prix racing needs.
Not taking anything away from Lewis he drove a great race.

New996buyer said:
Thought the British driver did pretty well........ :dont know:

..... if it's the bloke out in front not blinded by spray ....... what a happy place to be for him to be ........ just cruising ....... yeah ..... he did pretty well ...... it was a given ......

madalaa said:
..... if it's the bloke out in front not blinded by spray ....... what a happy place to be for him to be ........ just cruising ....... yeah ..... he did pretty well ...... it was a given ......

I reckon that's why Nico dropped back 18 seconds in a dozen laps you know - get out of the spray. Intelligent racing that - driver of the day Nico Rosberk.

madalaa said:
New996buyer said:
Thought the British driver did pretty well........ :dont know:

Bit of credit where it's due I think. At that level nothing is 'given'. And it takes skill to make it look easy.

The guy's a three time world champion and now the second most successful F1 driver behind Schumacher. Who Hamilton's performance today actually reminded me of. I don't quite get the lack of warmth that Hamilton generates from some portions of the UK crowd. He's a character in a sea of bland clones. Maybe on a day about poppies we don't try and cut Britain's tallest poppy down?

Enjoyed the race and was glad to have managed to stick it out, did almost give up. Turned rapidly from a 2 beer race into a 3, just managed to steer clear of the 4th bottle of Ghostship I had in the fridge.

Well done to Lewis, gutted this season is most likely to be decided by Lewis' mechanicals earlier on in the season.

Max was fantastic, he'll be there to take Lewis' spot when Lewis has had his day.

The return of Marty Wild said:
Enjoyed the race and was glad to have managed to stick it out, did almost give up. Turned rapidly from a 2 beer race into a 3, just managed to steer clear of the 4th bottle of Ghostship I had in the fridge.

Exactly how my night went after trying to avoid the result until the early hours, I watched the highlights on the internet thinking I'll just down a couple but ended up with three, it was a wetter night than I expected.

Max did a great job although he was teetering on the edge of exiting the race in spectacular fashion. I hope Rosberg fails to finish due to engine failure in the final race of the season, the last few races I think Lewis has deserved the championship, even though he thinks he's a gangster now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back