Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Macan GTS order

jonttt

Ok sooooo SWMBO mobile pram is due for renewal and I have a current shortlist of replacement contenders of ....... 1 :thumb:

About to pull the trigger on a Mecan GTS order for next April delivery.

Spec....

http://www.porsche-code.com/PH2GSAT6

Considerations :-

- needs to be child friendly (will be wifes school run car with me using for fun) so no alacantra
- not really into pano roofs, never really use sunroofs
- don't like the RS spyder wheels with a passion
- have a 2015 Black Edition FFRR so another "stealth" drug dealer look would make me a laughing stock
- love carrera white on a porsche and I think the GTS suits it. Also love carmine red but not on a Mecan, suits a sports car more ;-)

That's about it really.

A few quieres:

- keyless go. Do you still need to insert the key ?
- memory package, I assume this adjusts seats, external mirrors and steering wheel ?

Any obvious spec must haves I've missed ?

ps the other contender would have been a RR Sport but having driven a well specced one for a month when my FF blew its engine I, ermmmm didn't like it :roll:

Yeah, 75 litre fuel tank! They're thirsty bar5t8rds.
Great cars though. Brilliant handling considering it's a 2 ton car. Lovin the pano roof, carbon heated steering wheel and carbon pack on agate pebble leather. Like the adaptive cruise control too. Didn't go for sports chrono+ but some people swear by it. There's a Macan UK forum with tons of tips and advice. Have a butchers :thumbs:

I've got a soft spot for the Macan. Next year due wife is due a new car and she's all about convertible until we were in a friends X5 with a Pana roof and she loved it. So its on the cards. Love the rear tail light cluster.
The spec you've chosen looks really nice. Not sure what the other wheel options are, but they are a good choice in my book. Good luck with the order

pano roofs, rarely opened but it's the extra light that it lets in that helps bring more life to the interior

makes a regular sunroof outdated

Job done, started looking yesterday, car ordered for confirmed Feb build / March delivery today :bandit:

No messin' around here....

Todays exploits (nb had some great advice re spec from the Macan Owners Club forum)

Travelled to another OPC which just happened to have a high spec GTS in the showroom. There is no second hand market for these yet and I was not expecting to see one in a showroom.

It was overspecced for me (£70k +) and I need to hit the holey grail of March 2017 delivered ie new reg, but before the April VED is a £600 extra cost on purchase and £100+ per year (I pay enough tax) The car its replacing goes back April 2017 so March 2017 is just perfect for me.

The biggest dilema for me was what seats to go for so was great to be able to sit in a GTS with the 18 way adaptive sports seats and then jump straight into an S with comforts. When I say sit I mean for 30 min playing with the electronics

So the outcome surprised me, the sports seats I prefer, a perfect fit for me. Ok so the mother in law may struggle a teeny weeny bit more to get her leg over but you know, it will do her good LOL

I also got chance to compare a lot of wheels and yep the Sports Classics are defo the best for me. I compared silver, black and platinum and yep prefer the silver especially on a white car.

Now the fun bit, whilst sat in the GTS a couple kept on coming over to it. They where obviously trying to decide what options to fit to their GTS. I got talking to them and it turned out they had come in as they had been asked if they wanted to move their Feb build date forward to December due to a cancelled order. They did but they had to confirm spec that day.

So I get talking to the salesman, "You got a Feb build slot freed up ?" , "I may have".........

So you guessed it £3k paid over and I have a confirmed Feb build date for March collection Big smile

The only down side is that I need to confirm the build spec tomorrow.......

So this is where I'm at..... yep budget creep / man logic has kicked in but £600 in saved VED is better in the car than the tax mans coffers Wink

http://www.porsche.com/microsite/porsche-code/default.aspx?c=/PHA2G179

Base price Macan GTS
95BAS1 £ 55,188.00
Price for Equipment £ 9,330.00
Total Price* £ 64,518.00

Exterior Colour Carrara White Metallic 2Y £ 608.00
Interior Colour Black leather package with partial leather seats VF £ 0.00

Exterior
ParkAssist (front and rear) with Surround View 8A4 £ 834.00
Panoramic roof system 3FU £ 1,092.00
Privacy glass VW1 £ 320.00
Roof rails painted in black 3S5 £ 219.00
Sideblades painted in exterior colour 6H1 £ 0.00
SportDesign exterior mirrors Exclusive 6FB £ 315.00

Transmission / Chassis
Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK) G1D £ 0.00
Power steering Plus 1N3 £ 179.00
Sport Chrono Package QR5 £ 729.00
75-litre fuel tank 0M2 £ 0.00

Wheels
21-inch Sport Classic wheels Exclusive C9K £ 441.00

Interior
Light comfort package (i.c.w driver memory package, comfort memory package or adaptive Sports seats with comfort memory package) PP8 £ 210.00
Adaptive sports seats with comfort memory package (18-way) PE6 £ 1,214.00
Seat heating (front) 4A3 £ 284.00
Side airbags in rear compartment 4X4 £ 251.00
Speed limit indicator 9Q6 £ 243.00
Heated steering wheel 2ZH £ 182.00
Storage package QE1 £ 162.00
Smoker package 9JB £ 36.00
Interior Leather Personalised reversible loadspace mat with leather edging incl. sill protection Exclusive
AFZ £ 158.00
Interior Aluminium Brushed aluminium interior package in black 5TH £ 0.00

Audio / Comm.
Navigation Module for Porsche Communication Management (PCM) 7UG £ 1,052.00
Connect Plus IV2 £ 801.00

Total Price:* £ 64,518.00

ps started it up in the showroom, yep that Porsche grumble is there, not as emotional as the 993 but its there alright

pps SWMBO does not even know I've started looking for her next car yet :grin:

Great spec! Wait til you drive it. I was truly surprised at how well it handles for a 2 ton car. Brilliant cars, you'll love it :thumbs:

As a matter of interest (man maths) are you financing this or paying cash for it? Given the residuals on these, we are considering one for Mrs L - purchase price seems a lot when you look it it, but wondering what the actually cost would be over say 3 years

Regards

lovely looking spec!! Cracking motor for the money in my opinion.

I have been looking at a PCP on a Cayman S or 2 yr old C4S (edit cos I wasn't comparing like for like) If you factor in either around 30 quid per month increase on repayments for every £1k in options or increase your deposit to cover the options it will give you a good guide.

Interest can be negotiated a little I think. I was quoted 5.8% by the OPC when I enquired about the Cayman although that could have been an early order incentive.....

While I know PCP plans are an expensive way to buy a car the example below does look attractive if you are looking at keeping the initial outlay and monthly cost low. I bet it would kick the ass out of the finance on something similar from BMW or Merc.

Solutions Personal Contract Plan* representative example for Porsche Macan GTS subject to a 36 month, 10,000 mile per annum agreement
Duration 3 Years
35 monthly payments of £406.17
Customer deposit £14,500.00
Recommended on-the-road price £55,893.00
Amount of credit £41,393.00
Optional final payment £34,575.25
Total amount payable £63,301.20
Option to purchase fee (Payable with optional final payment) £10.00
Rate of Interest 6.7% Fixed
Representative APR 6.7% APR
Excess mileage 18p per mile
*At the end of the agreement there are three options: i) own the vehicle: pay the optional final payment; ii) return the vehicle: subject to fair wear and tear, charges may apply; or iii) replace: part exchange the vehicle.

http://www.porsche.com/uk/models/macan/macan-gts/finance/

edit added link

Porsche have dropped their APR to 6.3% on the Macan. It varies by model eg the KN is the best deal at the moment as its effectively a run out model with a new one due in 12 months nb they do offer really low APR eg 1% on very short term straight repayment deals eg 12 months but don't advertise that ;-)

There are cheaper ways to finance on PCP and so it depends what premium you put on the convenience of porsche. Bizzarly one of the best PCP options at the moment is Halifax who have aggressively targeted the PCP market this year BUT you need to be a customer for 3 months with a qualifying current account to apply.

You can play around with deposit, monthly payments, balloon payments etc all you want but at the end of the day a PCP is not a cheap way of financing as you are paying interest on a large chunk of the debt for the full term ie they will dictate the balloon / GFV and limit the amount of deposit you can put down ie to keep the interest paid per the term high.

Cash is always king / the cheapest way of financing but its usually helps with a discount on the selling price. Zero chance with a Macan so I have to bite the bullet and pay list in cash :roll:
Ps I may finance part on a straight repayment loan as its much cheaper than PCP but obviously monthly payments are higher but no balloon at the end. Finance is relatively cheap that way if you want to keep some capital back. But I may only be tempted to spend it on another car so will probably commit the capital to the car.

As a guide Porsche where quoting GFV on a £66k GTS after 3 years of £35k on 10k miles pa and £37.5k on 5k pa.

I'll not go into the added benefits / risks with PCP of limiting annual mileage v excess charges v chopping in early eg 4 year term chopped after 3 or 3 year term chopped after 2. If you don't know those "tricks" then you need to find a "friendly" sales exec to explain them to you :wink:

Sooooo I eventually told SWMBO about the car. As expected she had no idea what it was so took her to see one. To say she was not keen is an understatement :sad:

So today order cancelled and Evoque autobiography ordered which she loved :dont know:

I guess the car was too much for her needs if I'm honest .......... it means I can look for a new toy though :)

jonttt said:
Sooooo I eventually told SWMBO about the car. As expected she had no idea what it was so took her to see one. To say she was not keen is an understatement :sad:

So today order cancelled and Evoque autobiography ordered which she loved :dont know:

I guess the car was too much for her needs if I'm honest .......... it means I can look for a new toy though :)

Oh dear. An Evoque? Horrible things. Birds like em though eh?

Sooooooo, did you lose your £3k deposit?

No I'll get the £3k back on Monday, I made sure that I put on the paperwork that the £3k was a sign of intent and not a commitment to buy, the SE could not really stop me as its what he told me first :grin:

SWMBO was more interested in the massage seats than the size of the engine :roll:

What a shame the Evoque is no comparison to a Macan a terribly over rated motor in my humble opinion.

In your position I would be looking at the new Alfa or Maserati if the Macan is not an option or maybe an F pace.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back