Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PEC with a GT3RS!

Norfolk & Idea

Did a PEC day in this beauty. What an amazing, intoxicating machine. The car was OK too. Brrrrm tshhh......
I'd booked up for a 911 turbo but they called me to say there were no turbo's available for the day and would it be OK to slum it in this GT3RS.
Had an amazing day, didn't want it to end. My wife had an equally great afternoon in a Macan GTS.
All in all a fantastic experience and if any of you guys get a chance... Do it!

Attachments

• gt3rs_165.png
    gt3rs_165.png
    435.9 KB · Views: 7,001
How did the RS compare to your Ducatti ?

Norfolk & Idea said:
I'd booked up for a 911 turbo but they called me to say there were no turbo's available for the day and would it be OK to slum it in this GT3RS.

What a jammy bu66er!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I am more amazed that they haven't sold it and are using it for experience days! :eek:

HSC911 said:
Norfolk & Idea said:

What a jammy bu66er!!!!!!! :mrgreen:

I am more amazed that they haven't sold it and are using it for experience days! :eek:

Ha ha, I know. I was a bit chuffed. An amazing piece of kit.

I forgot to ask what happens to them when the lease/contract expires. The one I used had 6.5k miles on it. I performed 4 launches and emergency stops. That's 8 per day which is savage! God knows how many launches its had but I asked about the PDK thinking it'd have gone through a few. Zero problems with PDK and just one bust drive shaft. A ringing endorsement for PDK in my book. These cars get mind boggling abuse but a meticulous maintenance program.

911UK said:
How did the RS compare to your Ducatti ?

Obviously different beasts entirely but both magnificent fun.

The bike would murder it once you can open the taps. Superbikes can't be touched on acceleration unless the car is a Radical, Veyron or something equally mental.
I'd never done a track day in a car before so had to re calibrate my brain for brake markers. The GT3RS can be pulled up far quicker and corner speed was hilarious. As on the bike, you have to be patient before giving it the berries on corner exit. I had the @r5e end out a couple of times on the gas. Loads on instant, intoxicating grunt. Bloody great fun. And the noise... I just wish I was a millionaire, you couldn't possibly get bored of playing in one of these bad boys :grin:

That would have been fun. You scored there mind getting the RS. Awesome. :thumb: That car was there when we were there. The guy was slow mind but there's no harm in that.

We done a day there last year. Macan Turbo in morn but we killed the tyres, so then had a diesel Macan, which wasn't much slower to be honest. Then another instructor wanted our Macan turbo (back after a half hour with new tyres), so we took his Boxster GTS.

Oh, then after lunch we had all afternoon in a GT4. Fantastic day out, especially since it's for free. We had a great instructor who really let us thrash the car. Some of them can be a bit sensible.

I recently took my turbo for a day of tuition at the PEC. We ha access to the full Grand Prix circuit and my instructor managed to wangle me a few extra 30min session instead of doing the launch and brake stuff. 3 tanks of juice over the day and average 13 mpg (415miles) which included the travel from Dorset.

Learnt so much about the car and my driving, would recommend for sure.

Got a photo of mine next to the WEC which even earnt a retweet from one Mark Webber!!

and got a free helmet case too... they said they are quite rare I just think its cool.

Turbojim997 said:
and got a free helmet case too... they said they are quite rare I just think its cool.

FREE!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I just forked out £400 for one :frustrated:

suicide.gif

Sorry I thought you went for a different brand, didn't realise you got the same one. :oops:

HSC911 said:
Turbojim997 said:

suicide.gif

Jesus £400 I would sell mine for that any offers?? :D

Turbojim997 said:
HSC911 said:
Turbojim997 said:

suicide.gif

Jesus £400 I would sell mine for that any offers?? :D

I will take it off you if you want to sell it :?:

£100 :dont know: :bandit:

:floor:

£250 and it's yours

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members