Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 GT3 RS 4.0 vs 911R

Gareth64

Now come on everyone, there's no way the 911R is worth more than double a 4.0!!!!!

The 4.0 - Manual? Check. Mezger? Check. Rare? Check. 500hp? Check. Looks amazing? Check.

Controversial???

I think the 4.0RS fetches a similar amount to the R, no?

Like for like, I'd find it hard to overlook the R which is my current favourite 911 ever.

More controversially, are either of them worth 3-4 times as much as a standard GT3?

I think the 4.0 is circa 350k but the 911R is circa 700k?

Good point, a Mk1 996 GT3 Clubsport (if you can find one) at about 80k would be hard to beat.

I'm sure the JZM 4.0 RS was up for about £500k earlier and is now reserved and POA!

Maybe there's not such a difference in price between that and the 911R after all!

Gareth64 said:
I'm sure the JZM 4.0 RS was up for about £500k earlier and is now reserved and POA!

It sold for 'north of 500k+".

RHD in Mexico Blue.

T8 said:
Gareth64 said:

RHD in Mexico Blue.

Err, £465K actually according to an unsuccessful bidder over on PH.

NXI20 said:
T8 said:
Gareth64 said:

RHD in Mexico Blue.

"North of £500k" is what the guy that sold it told me when I asked him whilst I was at JZM on Thursday.

I don't think it has anything to do with the car's capabilities, it's just the car of the moment. I think the prices are all over the place right now. But it will be interesting to see what the spec of the new GT3 is released.

What we need is that Porsche announce that the 911R will be produced to order at the list price and go into production on these immediately to satisfy genuine enthusiasts who will enjoy their cars ....this will f**k up these speculators !!

Witness the numbers of GT4's at OPCs for way 'north' of their original list prices ...

Why Porsche continue to produce these in such small numbers defies logic ( mine anyway )

I would buy an 'R' if they were at list price ...!

I think we should lobby Porsche to set this in motion!!

Terry

Wishful thinking but I am with you. Beautiful track going road cars should be more within reach for all (more) to enjoy. They should do a small production run and then dump on the market to get rid of those that will never really drive them.

I will of course make an exception for the 991 range as they are not really proper drivers cars :D - one up from a Google car :wink:

Pip

T8 said:
NXI20 said:
T8 said:
Gareth64 said:

RHD in Mexico Blue.

"North of £500k" is what the guy that sold it told me when I asked him whilst I was at JZM on Thursday.

He would say that wouldn't he.. :D

Jzm are the Porsche equivalent of most estate agents.

FWIW it was put up originally listed at £529k

911TEL said:
What we need is that Porsche announce that the 911R will be produced to order at the list price and go into production on these immediately to satisfy genuine enthusiasts who will enjoy their cars ....this will f**k up these speculators !!

Witness the numbers of GT4's at OPCs for way 'north' of their original list prices ...

Why Porsche continue to produce these in such small numbers defies logic ( mine anyway )

I would buy an 'R' if they were at list price ...!

I think we should lobby Porsche to set this in motion!!

Terry

Agreed (not that I could afford one, but even so...) Porsche could sell all they could make, why let the speculators take all the profit?

They should impose a minimum mileage/usage charge at the first annual service, i/e less than 8000 miles driven, you are contractually obliged to pay an extra £200,000. :D

That's just going to be another Museum piece, and I wonder just how many
circuits that car has seen ?

:cop:

nick w said:
That's just going to be another Museum piece, and I wonder just how many
circuits that car has seen ?

:cop:

The Mexico one? I am fairly certain that the first owner took it at least to Spa and the 'ring, as was the case with its predecessor (he previously had a 3.8 in the same colour. almost positive that you have seen the 3.8 as I have a picture of that from the DN car park with James and Tracey in the background). Note that when the 4 litre was originally delivered it was specified with the decals deleted - one of the subsequent owners put those on and it looked miles better without. The vast majority of the total mileage on the car was done by the first owner though - the subsequent ones do seem to be treating it as a museum piece as you say.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back